• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden & Rapid Battery Drainage

What a coincidence....

My S3 also starts to behave in similar fashion from Feb 5th. Although, I had JB 4.1.1 upgrade 2 weeks before that (& till Feb 5th it was working fine.)

Have similar observation: Screen takes more power during "screen off" / "idle" mode - when phone is not used.

Please update, if someone reached to the solution...

Upvote 0
Update: I disable "data" service & battery came to normal. Again, enabled the "data" & experienced the same drain. So, at least, nothing wrong with battery or hardware; it must be some app consuming lot of "data".

Tried GSam & identified it as "multipdp"; but don't know what it is & how to kill it :(

if anyone can point out the way forward.......

Upvote 0
Update: I disable "data" service & battery came to normal. Again, enabled the "data" & experienced the same drain. So, at least, nothing wrong with battery or hardware; it must be some app consuming lot of "data".

Tried GSam & identified it as "multipdp"; but don't know what it is & how to kill it :(

if anyone can point out the way forward.......

There's a bit of a read about "multipdp" here at XDA in "..known battery drainers...":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1308030&page=58

It appears that the remedies are different depending on how you use and configure your widgets/apps and screens, etc, as I look around.

We're sure seeing a lot of battery/resource issues being posted in forums all over for the S3; I dare say more than for any device that I've noticed, although new users of Androids in general do complain of battery drain right off, mostly those coming off phones with smaller, slower processors etc.

Reactions: mszabist2005
Upvote 0
There's a bit of a read about "multipdp" here at XDA in "..known battery drainers...":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1308030&page=58

It appears that the remedies are different depending on how you use and configure your widgets/apps and screens, etc, as I look around.

We're sure seeing a lot of battery/resource issues being posted in forums all over for the S3; I dare say more than for any device that I've noticed, although new users of Androids in general do complain of battery drain right off, mostly those coming off phones with smaller, slower processors etc.

Everyone here has been very helpful in aiding me through this minor, personal crisis, but to be honest, I feel like everything has balanced itself back out. I don't wanna jump the gun here and say it's all good without it being all good, but I think... we're all good. Ha. :thumb:

:smokin: <--- love that, too funny. and this one too ---> :car: yeaah!

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones