• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden sluggishness across a lot of apps

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
I'm using the official 4.0.3 with touchwiz (since it came out), never rooted. Bought phone unlock from Amazon UK.

Few days ago, while coming back, I noticed that the Draw something app was loading, and then while connecting to facebook, it goes back to the main screen, nothing happens. Previously I had 2 games with the same person, now I have one game only.

I also noticed that the default web browser crashes on websites which I frequently visit which I have no idea why. I downloaded chrome which is great but save as links are still not that great. Then when I try to view flash websites in chrome it says I have not installed flash, which I clearly have installed.

I also have the BBC Iplayer app which I use to watch live streaming programs from the BBC. This app comes preinstalled on the sgs2. When I try to watch all videos on the device, it shows the rotating loading disc, then fails, it goes back to the screen prior to the video but still in the app.

I also noticed that swype or simple messaging is not as fast as it used to be. I've tried restarting and turning off for few minutes and restarting the phone, but the problem is still there.

Aside from that, I notice that after upgrading to 4.0.3 the wifi toggle button either through the notification tray or wifi widget is slow to start-sluggish. Sometimes it just freezes in between on and off which I then need to restart the phone in order for it to work properly.

I think that something is wrong with the phone and I should format or reset it. Will a simple reset work? I think the reset button is power+home button (unless it has been changed on 4.0.3.) Does anyone know how to solve this or what is the best method to solve this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones