1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Suddenly battery time decreased twofolds, any idea why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SFBayArea, Aug 17, 2010.

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Last week I noticed that my battery lifetime decreased two folds. I used to be able to go by without charge for a good 24 hours if I used it moderately. Now all of a sudden my battery goes down 50% in less than 4 hours of same moderate use. I didn't install any new softwares, I tried closing running apps, I even installed task killer and tried using it to kill running on the back ground apps, but nothing helps (uninstalled task killer same result). What is wrong with this crap? I didn't root or did anything else different than two weeks ago... What a heck?
    I know that 2.2 OTA release will help with the battery life (at least that is what they promise), but nobody knows when this release will be available and meanwhile I am suffering from dead battery in less than 8 hours of moderate use.

Advertisement

2. tacovic

tacovic Active Member

Jun 24, 2010
    same thing happened to me.

3. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Florida
    Download system panel and monitor your applications and try and narrow it down to something keeping the phone awake.

4. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Dam this battery thing is just horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just changed battery to new one and same issue, the phone losing approximately 20% of its battery life in a simple stand by mode. It also takes freaking while for the phone to get battery juiced from USB charge from computer, its been staying on a charge from my PC for hour now and only gained 1% of battery charge. Something is very wrong with this phone and I can't figure out what it is?
    I used to be a great advocate of this phone, but now I don't know what to think anymore. The 2.2 upgrade been promised for months now and this battery issue killing all the joy out of owning this phone.