1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Suddenly not getting email notifications & weather is blank?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nunyabizness, Jan 24, 2011.

1. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Female
    O-H...I-O
    I woke up today and took my phone off the charger and thought it was odd that I had no emails. Then I noticed the weather (on the default clock/weather widget) is blank as well. I manually refreshed my email and it came through; same with the weather. However, 4 hours later, it's still not updating on its own. Obviously my data is working if I can do manual updates, but I can't figure out why it suddenly stopped connecting on its own. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Female
    O-H...I-O
    Well, I called tech support and they couldn't help. They recommended swapping it out since it's less than a week old. But after speaking with them, I noticed something else: I sent myself a test email (from a different email account), which came through on my computer, then it came through on my phone after I manually refreshed my email (but still no new mail notification). I deleted it on my phone, but it doesn't recognize that on my computer - it still shows it as new email even after several refreshes. So, could this be a Google issue, not a hardware one? I really don't want to have to swap my phone out if it is not the problem; I just got all of my apps downloaded and the screens the way I want them. :(