1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Suddenly Quit Working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcsgsheesley, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jcsgsheesley

jcsgsheesley Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I got a Rezound in January. Last night, out of the blue, it quit working. It would freeze, not respond, then act like it might respond and freeze again. I did a battery pull, a system restore from settings, and several full hard factory data resets. Each time I tried the restore, it would freeze and want to 'force close' during the process.

Verizon will replace with a refurbished device, but I wish I knew what happened! The other thing that is odd, even with the hard reset (volume down, power button restore), it still remembered my gmail address to restore, so I know it didn't completely wipe it, but the restore itself kept wanting to force close during the process.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Insurance Agent
    Georgia
    This might be a little late, but did you install any applications right before that happened? I'm no expert by any means, but that seems like the logical reason for a crash. Or have you figured out what happened yet? I'd like to know in case it happens to me.

3. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I agree, check all recent installed apps. Also check all recent updates, especially auto updates. I personally never allow auto update.

4. jcsgsheesley

jcsgsheesley Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I am suspicious of the instagram app. Won't be installing that again. Matter of fact, I'm going to try not to install any apps, as un-fun as thats gonna be :(

5. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Insurance Agent
    Georgia
    Good to know. I do have instagram installed, and come to think of it, things started getting a tiny bit buggy after I installed it. Hmmm.

Tags: