1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Suddenly Skyrocket vibrates a few times and reboots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nfpotter, Feb 7, 2014.

1. nfpotter

nfpotter Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2012
    I've had my Skyrocket for over 2 years. This just started happening a couple weeks ago:

My phone's screen will go dark (if it wasn't already), and it will start vibrating a number of times, and then either shut off or restart on its own, or continue vibrating until I press the power button a few times, at which time it will either reboot or shut off.

I have done a factory reset twice, and it has continued to happen, even with no apps installed. I have removed the external SD card, and it still happens. I have bought a new battery, and it still happens.

I have researched this extensively on the internet. Many people have had (what they thought) were "sticky power buttons". I have cleaned mine with alcohol, and it seems to function properly. As well, my problem will happen quite randomly, even when using an app, or at anytime that I haven't touched the power button for some time.

Another odd thing is that after my first factory reset, whenever the problem would happen, it would automatically set my screen timeout to 15 seconds (I usually have it at 3 minutes). However, after the second factory reset, this isn't happening.

Does a factory reset leave ANYTHING behind?

Is it possible that restoring contacts, calendar, settings, etc through Kies could be causing this problem?

I am at my wits end. I am already due for an upgrade, but I'm hoping to wait for the Galaxy S5, as it's due out in a few weeks at most.

Ideas?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Man, nfpotter, you have tried about everything beyond a hardware change. Your problem might well be hardware related. A factory reset will leave the phone in it's original issue state. You can confirm that by going into your apps and making certain there is no cache for any oem apps. Nothing will be left behind to haunt you... especially with the SD card removed.
    I can't imagine the few things you are loading causing the problem. I wish I had something to offer. I hope another has something to add or you can hold out until the S5 release.