1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Suddenly Slow Performance S7

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Suyakun, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Suyakun

Suyakun Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2016
    Male
    Hey there all. My Galaxy S7 has been an amazing workhorse of a phone since I first turned it on. However as of yesterday the performance has seen a significant drop off from what I had gotten used to as the norm. Web pages take 5-6times as long to load. Gifs are lagging and freezing. Videos that used to play within 2-3 seconds from a webpage now take 10-20 seconds to play and they freeze several times throughout. Other apps are slow now as well compared to how they were just a few days ago. I am even finding my phone completely locking down on some web pages forcing me to close the page and try again.

Any ideas what might be going on? Only change between a couple days ago system-wise is that I downloaded the third party app necessary to use my works WiFi network. Other than that I can't think of any other system changes.

I have run my anti virus program and found no results. My phone is slower now in high power mode then it was a few days ago in power saver mode.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Clear system cache.

Turn off phone, then press volume up, home, and power at the same time. You can let go once you see a blue screen with an android icon and spinning arrows. The phone may flash a dead Android screen for up to a minute afterwards. Then you'll see the recovery menu. Use the volume keys to navigate to wipe system cache. Take care not to select wipe memory as both options are next to each other. Use the power button to confirm. Once done, reboot the phone.

3. Suyakun

Suyakun Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2016
    Male
    thanks, I'd say that pretty much seemed to fix it and thanks for the tool to use in the future when stuff like this happens

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Also, what AV are you using? A popular for unknown reason AV is CM security, but it is also known among knowledgeable Android circles to be bad for the phone and causes eventual slow down and poor performance when used. Any product by CM actually. That in addition to being known to get your data from the phone and sell it to the highest bidder. They basically admitted that's how the earn money a couple of years ago.

tube517 and The_Chief like this.
  5. Suyakun

Suyakun Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2016
    Male
    I am using maleware bytes. Is that one ok?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Yeah that one is fine.