• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suddenly YouTube Won't Work on Aria

TexasRaider

Lurker
Mar 16, 2011
OK, so far I'm not impressed with this crappy Aria. It's a piece of junk and AT&T refuses to honor it by letting me send it back. So I'm stuck with it, for now anyway.

Among the legion of issues (muddy camera, rotten cell coverage, whizz poor reception, non-functioning volume rocker after 40 days, extremely erratic optical mouse that works less time than a govt. employee, sudden death syndrome for internet and many apps, idiotic blocking of 3rd party software, etc. etc. etc. ) is that now it suddenly won't play YouTube videos.

I'm not sure what happened, I haven't dropped it or installed any boogieman software viruses, but I bought it late November and one of the few redeeming qualities was that I could watch Youtube through a simple URL link to the desktop version. I liked that a lot. I absolutely DESPISE mobile sites for phones (someday I'll rant on Facebook's stupid, stupid, stupid automatic channeling of a viewer to their shi*ty touch.facebook site. Arrrgghh!)

Anyway, I watched a lot of YouTube and it ran OK - sometimes blotchy or blocky but mostly fine. Then the other day I went to my YouTube channel via the main desktop URL and all the videos are blank, just a stupid yellow triangle and an error message telling me the phone doesn't support that kind of flash. Oh really? After I'd already watched about 500 videos on the damn phone that way already?

I can go to the YouTube app, but I really, really dislike the format and layout. I simply want to see sites as they are laid out in the full site desktop version.

My question is, why would this dumb Aria play those through YouTube.com for about 3 months then suddenly say it can't?

I tried putting the "s" in the "http" but that had no effect. All I got was a bunch of 'Security Certificate' warnings, no video.

Is there a way to make this gawd awful phone work? I'm about to use for target practice with a .41 Magnum.

All help is appreciated. Please don't judge me by my rage, it's seriously all HTC's and AT&T's fault.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones