• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggest a bluetooth headset ap

I'd like to see an app that does more than just couple my headset to my Motorola Droid. Since I can end a call by pressing the headset's button, I'm guessing the headset and phone communicate. So, why don't one of you write an app that when the headset's button is pressed before a call it activates the Voice Dial app that came with the phone?

If anything would cause me to return the Droid and go back to my Blackberry it's the lack of true hands free telephoning. I guess I'm used to voice dialing from my headset and then saying yes when the phone asks if I want to talk to "so-and-so."

As I understand it, and I agree with you 100%, the BT voice dialing code written into the Droid software was intentionally disabled by the developers due to some inaccuracy problems with the voice recognition and BT headset compatibility, the ability is there, by Motorola has it internally turned off until they debug it and send out an OTA to wake it up. I found this response irritating myself as all of this should have been done before the phone was released 5 months ago!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones