• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggest me DUAL ACTIVE android mobiles

arunsubbu

Lurker
May 19, 2013
Hi,

I'm more passionate about the Android mobiles. Along with that, I'm looking for a dual sim facility with the DUAL ACTIVE option(while talking in SIM1, I should get waiting for SIM2 calls[without mobile operator call forwarding support]). So please suggest me such DUAL ACTIVE android mobiles. It will be great, if you can list out the SAMSUNG mobiles.

I heard Galaxy S Duos & Galaxy Grand Duos are DUAL ACTIVE mobiles. But, while I check with the dealers, they are telling that its just DUAL STANDBY not ACTIVE :( Please clear from this controversial!

I have this phone.

I can configure the two SIM cards in the menu easily.

* one sim is use for calls / text only (only on 2G)
* one sim for data (3G)

I can confirm that the 3G card can be setup for calls also. I can also confirm that if I am using either Sim for a call it can divert to the other. I just don't use this option.

Reasons why I have this setup.... Work pay for calls and text but not data. Hence the need for another sim for data for personal use when I am wanting to surf the net, receive mails etc.

It works a treat.

Upvote 0
I have this phone.

I can configure the two SIM cards in the menu easily.

* one sim is use for calls / text only (only on 2G)
* one sim for data (3G)

I can confirm that the 3G card can be setup for calls also. I can also confirm that if I am using either Sim for a call it can divert to the other. I just don't use this option.

Reasons why I have this setup.... Work pay for calls and text but not data. Hence the need for another sim for data for personal use when I am wanting to surf the net, receive mails etc.

It works a treat.

Could you be more specific about which model you own?

And also could you explain a bit more about how to set up a dual SIM active phone?

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones