1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suggest some needed accessories

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlaxman31, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member

I'm looking at getting the Droid X tomorrow and was curious of some good needed accessories that I should purchase right off the bat.

1. Case
    2. Screen protector
    3. Docking station?
    4. HDMI connection (looking at getting this at mono price dot com)

Curious if anyone has recommendations on Cases or screen protectors they recommend and where I should get them cause I know the VZW stores are crazy expensive.

2. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Verizon is offering a package discount if you purchase 2 or more items. I recommend the anti-glare screen protectors. I also purchased a docking station but I rarely use it.

dlaxman31 likes this.
  3. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

Do you want a docking station specifically? Because the only one I know of is the OEM one, and that's $40. If you just want a mount I'd recommend the Arkon Mega Grip. I know some other posters here like it alot, especially because it has different mounting options and is pretty cheap ($14-$25). edit: it fits with almost all cases too.

Check out twister6's review thread: http://androidforums.com/accessories-droid-x/142370-review-arkon-mega-grip-car-mount-w-dx.html

dlaxman31 likes this.
  4. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member

I don't think I need a docking station for sure but it was just an option.

THanks guys.

5. JB426

JB426 Newbie

I'm using the glossy silicone/plastic one from Verizon and it's actually really good. I would recommend it for those types of cases.

I will be getting the hdmi from monoprice too.

For screen protectors everyone seems to really like Steinheil crystal ones. I just ordered one called Realook from amazon. They come 2 to a pack like the Steinheil. Will see how it works. It was at least a little less than the Steinheil.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews