• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestion: Ability to upload images

Accessing Android Applications forum using Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 machine became "a challenge" a few days ago. There were many new threads with logos instead of thread starter avatars. When I comment to a thread my avatar (smaller version)is no longer displayed.

There are a number of instances where the OP made assumptions about what the reader was shown. That information was simply not present to the IE person viewing the thread. I suggest you access the forum using IE and draw your own conclusions about the confusion. This condition results in the reader just walking away.

Perhaps it would be better to have a new Forum for this new form of communication instead of shoehorning it into the old method.

To summarize the Android Applications forum over the last few days ... when accessed by IE ... needs tweaking.

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently. The blast of threads from the new source is much less so the issue is less pronounced.

I use Internet Explorer for Android Forums.

The avatar of the OP ought to be used. When I post a response my avatar as a responder ought to be shown to me. (It is very useful.)

The apps link in play store ought to be shown ... always.

There is an assumption that people want to talk about that app. This could be true. People also want to talk about a general need (category of apps) and that is not addressed.

Comparing app 1 to app 2 would be a challenge.

If you spend some time accessing Android Forums form a desktop browser you will quickly see the issues.

... Thom

Reactions: Hunter stuart
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones