1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suggestion for different phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Mayhem, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

I really like my LG Ally, but the screen size is becoming an issue. When I got it, it was big enough for me to read it without a lot of problems.
    I sit in front of a computer 10+ hours a day at work and staring at a somewhat small screen is a problem at times.

After seeing a friend's Droid X and how big the screen is on that one, I'm considering buying that.

I need opinions on this phone. I know I need to go into the store and monkey with one to see if I can really handle it. The lack of a slide-out keyboard may be an issue. :(

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member

The Droid 2 has a somewhat larger screen than the Ally. I'd be cheaper, though to get a pair of "cheaters" (reading glasses)! ;)

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

I never thought I'd ever go with a device that didn't have a physical keyboard. This phone (DX) however changed my mind. On a scale from 1 - 10, with 10 being a really good physical (mobile) keyboard, I'd give this an 8.5 easy. And once you get used to swype, you'll never want another physical keyboard anyway.

And yes, browsing the internet rocks on this big ass phone! :D

4. abn75

abn75 Member

I to had a phone with a physical keyboard, the D1. I changed to the DX and have to say, I have yet to miss my physical keyboard. With the larger screen size on the DX, I have no problems with either the multi-touch keyboard or the swype keyboard. And the larger screen size is a huge improvement, and does make browsing the web, and other functions much easier.

5. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

I switched from a D1 to a Droid Incredible, and the only time I miss the keyboard is when using emulators. But for day-to-day use, you'll be shocked at how much better you are with the software keyboard, especially if you're using something like Swype or (my personal favorite) SwiftKey.

6. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

Unfortunately, I already wear glasses.

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions.

7. Little Green Robot

Little Green Robot Well-Known Member

Get the Thunderbolt! The first 4G LTE phone for Verizon, with a 4.3 inch screen, a kickstand, and a front facing camera.