• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestion for Enhanced Back Swipe Gesture Function

deejaawoo

Apr 9, 2020
Why can't a SINGLE back swipe gesture close the keyboard and go to the previous screen?
like how it is on iOS

Example:
when you're on an app like Instagram or Whatsapp.
while typing the keyboard is open.
we need to swipe back "twice" to go back.

1st to close the keyboard
2nd to go back to the previous screen.

Solution:
Swipe back "Once" it closes the keyboard and goes to the previous screen. And to close keyboard we already have a tiny button below the keyboard to do it.

Can we please implement this?
Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums, deejaawoo! :)

Just FYI, this is a user-run forum, not an official part of the Android ecosystem. So, unfortunately, no one on the Android development team is likely to read your post. This particular board is for feedback/suggestions for Android Forums, not Android.

However, all is not lost!

Feel free to post on our Android Help board if you're interested in potentially getting help from other Android users. Tell us which Android version you're using, and which device you have; someone may know a tweak for it.

What you're asking for can easily be implemented by simply using a launcher, such as my preferred one, ADW, to define gesture actions. What launcher are you using?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, deejaawoo! :)

Just FYI, this is a user-run forum, not an official part of the Android ecosystem. So, unfortunately, no one on the Android development team is likely to read your post. This particular board is for feedback/suggestions for Android Forums, not Android.

However, all is not lost!

Feel free to post on our Android Help board if you're interested in potentially getting help from other Android users. Tell us which Android version you're using, and which device you have; someone may know a tweak for it.

What you're asking for can easily be implemented by simply using a launcher, such as my preferred one, ADW, to define gesture actions. What launcher are you using?

Thank you i shall post it there ... I'm ok with a tweak / adb command for it too .... ADW launcher i wouldn't like .. i prefer and enjoy the Oxygen OS launcher on my OP7Pro

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones