1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Suggestion for those sensitive/government types - Channels

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sohjsolwin, Jul 21, 2016.

1. sohjsolwin

sohjsolwin Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2016
    One thing that might be important, depending on who installs it. Is there a way to block access to installed apps list (I'm guessing that's not a permission available in a manifest)? I can imagine some people may have internal only apps that they don't want the names of or existence of the be made available elsewhere. Valid arguments against that though are: Don't install an app designed to scan your apps list, and don't use a "work" device for personal things.

Something early on that prompts to scan the app list, or even on the channel page or app description letting those government types know.

Advertisement

steve likes this.
  2. steve

steve Developer
    Administrator

Apr 19, 2011
    Male
    Android Developer
    York, PA
    Awesome idea. I plan on bringing this up as a priority as user privacy is a top objective for any of the applications we develop.

FYI - currently if you do not post a thread in the Channel... It will not be public. I still want to make it more clear to the user and make sure our app can completely ignore apps users do not want to broadcast they have them installed or names of internal work apps, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unforgiven likes this.