1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suggestions for a Galaxy Nexus case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blarelli, Aug 8, 2012.

1. blarelli

blarelli Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a good galaxy nexus case. The phone is great, it just seems a little flimsy to me so I'd like to find a solid case that doesn't add much bulk to the phone. The thinner the better.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Oh, I should add that I'm talking about the HSPA+ unlocked version from the google play store.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boborambow

boborambow Lurker

blarelli likes this.
  3. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

I got a Diztronic black TPU case on amazon for $10. Flexible, thin, looks good, all the cutouts are perfect and fits the GSM nexus like a glove.

Diztronic Black TPU Case Galaxy Nexus

blarelli likes this.
  4. blarelli

Thanks guys, those both look great.

5. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

Cases are like vehicles, suggestions will vary but good suggestions will be based on need.

What are the main features/functions you desire:

Protection
    Grip
    Ability to clip on belt
    Ability to car dock
    Size
    Visually pleasing
    I use otter box because I want max protection.

6. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

+1, I got this exact same case. Functional, flexible, protects the phone well.

blarelli likes this.
  7. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

+2

Have had this case for months. Works and looks great!

blarelli likes this.
  8. blarelli

I'm looking for protection and I want to keep it slim. I couldn't care less how it looks as long as it protects the phone from drops without being bulky or heavy.

9. Cromagnon

Cromagnon Newbie

I am a total novice in smartphone. However I don't want to pay a fortune for a case. I searched on eBay for "Galaxy Nexus i9250 case". As I don't know about the difference of the materials, I order one of each type (hard case, TPU, silicon, etc). Overall, I bought 3 different cases for less than $15. Free shipment. I find they work OK.

10. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

I love my Rearth Rinke Slim.

11. joshua.worth likes this.
  12. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

I swear by otterbox defender and it honestly doesn't feel that bulky to me but I would bet I am in minority when it comes to bulk. It protects everything including screen and it has belt clip.

Can cost $25-$49 ..... shop around.

13. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Casemate Pop - absolutely love it.

14. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

There is a beautiful high quality Seido Active white gloss hard and black rubber hybrid case on Amazon for like $21 sold directly from Amazon brand new. (Meaning not a third party seller)

Just search Seido Active Galaxy Nexus on Amazon. You'll see it on the first or second page.

15. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

Which Nexus do you have, GSM or CDMA? I was gonna get one for my GSM Nexus but heard the defender is a little too big.

16. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

I didn't know there was a size difference. I have CDMA

17. Skyroket

Skyroket Android Enthusiast

Diztronic black TPU hands down!

18. I started out with the Incipio case, then went to the Defender, and now I upgraded to the Seidio Convert.

I want max protection for my phone, and I like the feel of a big case in my hand. I find the naked phone too small and slippery, I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it.

Steve

19. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

The Diztronic Matte smoked grey TPU case is the best I've seen to date.

20. Dominic36

Dominic36 Newbie

I got mine from eBay, paid 2$, expedition fees included, and it fits perfectly!

21. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

standard incipio silicrylic bought in vzw store has done me well for 8 months.

22. rizzer

rizzer Newbie

23. ravenas

ravenas Well-Known Member

I got three of these (I like having color choices). Currently protecting my phone with the teal color case. I had another TPU case for my old Galaxy S2.

They work really well. Nice snug fit, open holes for the buttons and pogo pins. It even comes with a lanyard loophole. (I use wrist straps on my phones because I'm a butterfingers.) I like that it adds a rubber bumper around the screen edges. Protects the screen from ever coming in contact with the ground to scratch/break.

24. johnjust

johnjust Newbie

I also went with the smoke case and it's awesome... and only $10.

As mentioned above, all the cutouts are absolutely perfect, plus it gives the phone a little bit of friction with a surface when laying it on its side for watching videos so it doesn't fall off the table, yet it doesn't interfere when taking it out of a pocket (my old phone had a silicone case that would turn my pocket inside out when I took it out).

It's also very tight on the phone, but not hard to take off for cleaning.

25. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews