1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Suggestions for Exchange Server emails ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taxiron1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I am looking for suggestions on alternatives for receiving corp emails from my company 2010 MES setup. I tried the sync service on the Razr, no luck, couldnt find the server. I have been using Touchdown, but cant get attachments on Touchdown ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement

2. thegexx

thegexx Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    You can't get attachments on touchdown? Does the admin have them blocked? What error does it say when you try to connect with your razr? Is autodiscovery not working? Have you tried to manually enter the email server info?

3. taxiron1

None

Apr 5, 2011
    Our admin doesnt allow Active sync, so I am guessing this disables attachments ? I dont get any attachment file folder or attachment notation at the top of the email.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Does your Exchange have OWA (Outlook Web Access)? If so, use that as the server. I do that on my Exchange.

5. taxiron1

None

Apr 5, 2011
    Yes they do, but I cant get sync to recognize that a server address. The address is webmail.xxxxx(company name).com.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    It always gives me problems when I add it on a new device/ after a hard reset, but always works in the end.

Of course your company exchange needs to supoport/ allow the use of OWA server for use on a mobile device.

7. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Windows System Admin
    South
    No issues with attachments on Touchdown here.

We use GroupWise email (soon will be Exchange 2010) and have an app called "Notifylink" to act as Activesync for phones. I used the native Exchange app on CM7 with my previous phone without issue, but sadly the Razr was flaky with the built in Corp. email app.

So went back to Touchdown just a few days ago... holy crap my battery life is WAY better. Not sure what the Corp. Email app was doing wrong in my case, but I now can go 24 hours (8hrs of sleeping) and still have 20% battery. Previously would hit 20% after about 14 hours. So hated to use a non-native app but Touchdown has definitely improved since I first used it a year/half ago.

8. taxiron1

None

Apr 5, 2011
    Its weird that if I add the Domain name in the Razr auto set up, it goes through and gives me a success screen. Yet when I go to the messages widget and refresh, I keep getting a connection error.

I have asked IT about Touchdown, and they "officially" wont let me use it until the do security tests.