1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Suggestions for Replacing my Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by pfs2978, Apr 16, 2011.

1. pfs2978

pfs2978 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hello All,

I am still several months away but I thought I might start poking some brains now about this. I am due to upgrade my incredible in Decemeber and looking for some suggestions. Brand doesnt matter, and right now neither does carrier as I might leave Verizon if the phone is that good.

My main requirement is it has to have at least a 4" screen and even if only for bragging rights a dual core processor as I have heard the Android OS doesnt reallly make use of the second core. Not sure how true that is but still.

Right now I was looking at the Motorola Droid Bionic. Are there any others that you would recomend me checking out ?

Thanks all and have a good one!

P

PS: Even though I said Manufacturer didnt really matter, I guess it does in away, I would like one that will actually make accessories (like docks) for thier phones.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
  3. pfs2978

pfs2978 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks for the Link Steve, I was looking for something like this to narrow down my choices by the features I want. This will help!

4. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Well considering you're 8 months away from upgrading I don't think it'd be wise to consider any specific phones now, maybe just figure out what features you like and compare that to what's out at the time? As far as the accessories go, it seems that Motorola is usually on top of that with the docks on their high end phones more than any other manufacturer. While I'm also a big HTC fan, I've noticed Motorola's build quality usually feels really solid too.

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Out of principle, I wouldn't buy Motorola: 1) their Motoblur UI is terrible, 2) they lock the bootloaders.

6. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    I agree that Motoblur is horrible, and I'd never stick with it. I'm a launcher pro kind of guy personally. The bootloader thing is pretty crappy too but it doesn't necessarily matter to everyone since a lot of people don't care about custom roms, and temp root is enough for a lot of them as well. At least with Moto phones you can push boot animations without root at all to /data/local/ so you can still have a little extra customization without it being reset on reboot. I wish that we could just take the best from HTC and Motorola and throw them together. I like a lot about HTC, including their support but I like Motorola's industrial design and build quality better. One thing is for sure though, it's a good time to be a consumer with all of these options coming out. I remember when the choice was between a flip phone and a candybar phone.

I guess to the OP, if you care about custom roms then don't go with Motorola.

7. pfs2978

pfs2978 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    I really dont care to much about the custom roms. Ive been using Launcher PRO pretty much since I had my Incredible on launch day. I was just very dissapointed at the lack of accessory support that the incredible got from HTC and motorola seems to be pretty good at that aspect.

I still have alot of time but just trying to get a feel for what is going to be out between now and december and or may if I decide to leave verizon.