1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suggestions for unstable charging S6 edge?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Unstable S6 edge charging, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Unstable S6 edge charging

Hi,

I have had my S6 edge for just under a month. Apart from the battery life being pretty bad (6-7hours) the phone was fast and full of great functionality. 1 week ago the phone started dropping out whilst charging. It was sent off to Samsung who repaired it ("Replaced component"). Went to put it straight back on charge and the problem still exists. This makes me query a software/firmware issue. I have done a factory reset though before sending off the first time and it has made no difference. I use the correct charger and cable. It's not a poor connection as it can be charging fine without me touching it and it then drops in and out. Any ideas/other people experiencing any issues?

Rob Blakesley likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rob Blakesley

Rob Blakesley Lurker

I have tried the following:
    Original charger and cable
    Non original cable and charger
    Cable connection to computer
    Phone restart
    Safe mode
    Cleared caches
    Factory reset
    Cleaned charging port
    Sent phone to Samsung to repair

Problem still persists

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Send phone and charger to Samsung for repair again.
    You have a lemon.
    Try for a refund.
    Seek consumer legal advice.

Rob Blakesley likes this.
  4. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

You might want to contact Samsung and inquire about obtaining a warranty replacement. I doubt you can get a refund at this time considering most carriers only give you the first 14 days of use to return your device if you're not satisfied, but a warranty replacement is definitely within the realms of possibility so long as the device has not physical/liquid damage present.

Also, keep this in mind - The Galaxy S6 Edge uses fast charging technology. This means that the charger is sending a higher voltage of charge into the battery than your standard charger. If you're one of those people that likes to charge their phones overnight, this could actually damage the battery itself. Keep this in mind for when you obtain your device replacement.

mikedt likes this.