• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions on a new phone

SlickRCBD

Lurker
Jul 14, 2020
My HTC One X+ is breaking down. The front-side camera has broken, and the GPS tends to glitch out a lot.
Can somebody recommend a new one? Looking around, it seems the key sticking point is the FM tuner and storage. I've heard of NextRadioApp and seen that there is a list of supported devices here, but it hasn't been updated in over a year and the Samsung Galaxy S10 is absent:
https://nextradioapp.com/supported-devices/

I use the FM radio on my HTC One X+ a lot to get music without wasting bandwidth. I also need something around the same size so it can fit in my pocket comfortably, I can't have anything smaller because I already find the screen a bit on the small side, but I can't get one of those big Galaxies either because it won't fit in my pocket.
I tend to have a lot of stuff stored on my phone, so I need something with at least 64gb of storage that I can connect to a computer and load like a USB drive.
Also it seems some phones lack a headphone jack, vital for the FM radio.

Other key features are:
Any suggestions? If the phone has less storage but can use a microSD card for MP3s, fanfics or e-books, and movies, include the cost of the microSD card in the cost calculations.For instance a $575 phone that can take a $40 64gb microSD card would be too expensive. Also figure an extra 10% for tax if you are suggesting something over $400 as I really can't afford much more.

P.S. Navigating this forum is difficult, I'm sorry if I put this post in the wrong place. I had trouble finding the list of categories.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones