1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

suggestions to only allow android phone to call home?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sniglet, Jul 12, 2013.

1. sniglet

sniglet Lurker

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to block all outgoing calls on an android phone except to those for designated numbers?

I want to give an old android phone to my 10 year old daughter but want to make sure she can only call her parents, home and 911 from it.

Do I need to get a special app to do this?

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think an app should be able to do it but ive searched with a few keywords and cant find one yet lol. How tech-savvy is your kid? :)

dustwun77 likes this.
  3. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Depending on what phone and what version of Android you may have Fixed Dialing Number. You would open the Dialer (phone icon) > Settings > Fixed Dialing Number

Numbers are added to the FDN list, and when activated, FDN restricts outgoing calls to only those numbers listed, or to numbers with certain prefixes. A notable exception is that emergency calls to 000, 112, 911, 999, 666 and the like are exempt

Fixed Dialing Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additionally, I THINK avast security suite (free in Play Store) has this option. IF it does, the nice thing about avast is that you need a PIN to open the app - so she can't turn it off. Then again, if you have Fixed Dialing you need PIN2

4. awriternot

awriternot Well-Known Member

And I think you can do it through your phone carrier.

5. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

This is a great solution if the carrier doesn't charge for it. Well, even if they do charge and it works - it is still a great idea. Couldn't hurt to ask them.

Personally, I feel we pay carriers too much as it is. So, I would prefer a solution I can do on my own.

6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Thats the android spirit :)

7. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

funkylogik likes this.