1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

suggestions to use unlocked Nexus 1 with "other" Wireless Service Providers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rgraham1, Jan 1, 2010.

1. rgraham1

rgraham1 Lurker

If I get an unlocked Nexus and would like to use it with a data-plan from someone other than T-Mobile, how specifically would I do that?

2. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Android Enthusiast

Read my post:
    http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/31199-got-its-fast-its-really-really-fast-7.html

I'm on ATT. All I literally did was take the sim from one of my work phones and popped it right in. Started working immediately. I've been doing this with all of the phones I get, but the most annoying one to set up was the UK HTC Hero, because it made me create all of the settings. The N1 recognized it right away in a matter of seconds.

If you have questions, post in the other forum above and I'll answer.

3. Maxx

Maxx Member

well, in the US, the current specs are only really good for Tmobile, Edge works on AT&T, but that would be it...seems a waste and lets hope the final offering has other versions or abilities.

4. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Android Enthusiast

Not the case.....it's running faster then my iphone 3G on ATT 3G network....and all while it's only running edge.

5. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Android Enthusiast

I'm assuming that you're in an area where At&t has issues with 3G because that just doesn't seem possible.

6. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

You are saying Edge is faster than 3G? How is that even possible?

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews