• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suitable microSD card

Xyro

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 1, 2009
UK
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a slightly bigger card for my hero, especially since apps2sd has stolen some of the space on my card now.

This is the card I was thinking of going with,

Play.com (UK) - Mobile - Free Delivery

But since I've never purchased anything like this before, just wanted to check this is the right thing. It's listed as 'Micro SDHC Plus', but I take it that's just marketing spiel for plain old Micro SD rather than a different type of card?

I'm sure I read somewhere here that HTC themselves recommended a class 2 as optimum due to blah some blah blah technical blah reasons I can neither remember nor understand. Nor find again! But that was probably the Customer Service team (if indeed I did read it!) and we all know they are not always the best informed * I currently use a class 4 and it's perfectly fine.

* No disrespect intended to any reading customer service workers - I know from experience that the lack of knowledge is usually a case of poor information dissemination and/or obstacles in the way of finding the right information at the right time, rather than simply a lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0
Does the class make a significant difference? The only glitchy bits I notice are when scrolling through my phonebook or music collection, where it glitches quite a bit rather than smooth scrolling. It can also take a couple of seconds to switch to a new track. Does the class 6 card deal with these problems?

I did notice an improvement in video playback when I got my class 6 card. Previously .avi fies had stuttered whenever I tried to play them, but with a class 6 it was smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones