• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sunshine Support

DirtyDee

Android Expert
Mar 18, 2013
Detroit Michigan
Some of us have locked down boot loaders on the droid ultra mini maxx and X.
there are whispers of an exploit coming, So those of us locked may unlock for a fee. How many of you are interested in a servie or a tool like that, If its under 30 bucks I will jump on it hard, and flash a moto X rom to my ultra so I can stop dealing with that hand off issues on t-mobile

a bit of history, some of you know DJRBlis busted the moto X bootloder wide open at a convention, he relsesed his notes and no one was able to do it with the info provided.

Jcase may add support for our device(s) on his sunshine app, hich is used to gain s-off on htc devices for 25 bucks a unlock, sounds good to me, but I know Jcase somewhat dislikes the moto community for being whiny entitled brats...because well, they(we, them us)kinda are so i don't know what his price would be if he does it.

So I ask who would want this boot loader unlock?
If it comes out, who is Gunna get it?
After you get it ...watcha gunna do wit it?

Not interested. The phone runs fine stock, and I've sweated over a lost phone once before, so I don't want my phone to be rooted and vulnerable to having the data on it stolen if I happen to lose it.
That is a good reason, but for me root access is always a major plus, from fixing tethering, to screen recording. I also used drive droid which required root. But this phone is great stock.. I just want an unlocked boot loader to flash the moto X ROM... I will miss droid command center, but the convenience of making a call work with out turning off LTE is a great draw, and the ideas of updates faster as well.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones