• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jhewit22

Mar 15, 2010
Erie, PA
Sorry for posting a sort of random thread...but...

Has anyone else noticed their Eris display SUCKS when outside in the sunlight? I can't see anything on the screen when I'm outside! I don't have the brightness all the way up to save on battery life, and I don't have a screen protector on. With spring/summer coming up soon, anyone else find this as annoying as I do?! Would a screen protector help that issue?

Go to Settings > Sound and Display, scroll down to Display settings, and mess around with Auto Backlight and, depending on the selection, brightness.

I've never had a problem.

EDIT: Looks like you've done that. I also have Ghost Armor on my phone, which helps a lot with glare (not sure about general brightness).

Upvote 0
I've never had a cell phone that didn't have that issue somewhat. I remember the old flip phones from years ago were the best outside, though.

Rubik posted about the settings; it's a good idea to have that area as a widget on one of your screens for situations when you know you're about to go outside in bright light. Then you can have your settings quickly available to you for any light conditions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones