• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sup peoples

cvic

Apr 17, 2012
North Charleston
www.facebook.com
Im new to the forum, but not computers and smartphones. So when I found this place I was just trying to hack my phone a little, and learn the ways of the droid. The phone I got (my first Android device) was a totally stock boost Samsung Prevail. Based on my research on here before I joined, I decided to flash my Prevail with CWM5 as a start, and it was also rooted. Now, three months later my phone was way screwed up from that ota FA19 update. It wouldnt boot or anything, and then I remembered hroark's thread about how to use Odin and flashing stuff and all that jazz.

Basically just want to thank hroark for that, otherwise I would have a brick and not be online right now lol

So now Im running the Prevail with CWM5 FA19 Rooted

It's actually running great, better than before.. and my download speeds doubled somehow??? Even on my pc connected to the android tether its way faster.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones