1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

sup?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xoxojackie, Jun 5, 2011.

1. xoxojackie

xoxojackie Newbie
    None

I just made the switch from iPhone to Android, and I can't believe I waited this long. How I survived with an iPhone is beyond me, because I'm totally in love.

I have the Motorola Atrix, and I'm totally blown away by it. It's stable (which is something really new to me, coming from a jailbroken iPhone 3G running 4.x firmware), it's lightning fast, the display is gorgeous, and the camera is impressive. I've had some issues with battery life so far, but I'm guessing this is due more to the fact that I've been tinkering with it almost constantly than the battery itself.

As someone who loves customizing, I'm wavered back and forth on the rooting decision. I haven't done it yet, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before I get antsy and go for it. The level of customization out of the box. Again, a big switch from the iPhone which required jailbreaking and tons of work to get looking the way I wanted it.

So I'm loving my phone, and excited to join what seems like a vibrant and helpful Android community.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the Android Forums.

Make sure you browse on over to the Atrix Forum and make yourself at home.

While all smartphones tax the battery pretty heavily, first thing you'll should do is Cycle the battery once. Modern Li ion batteries do not have a memory, but you do have to teach android what a full charge is, so it can report power properly. Let your battery run down until the phone shuts off. Then using the AC adapter, let the phone continuously charge until full. Then unplug the phone, and shut it off if it's on. Plug it back in. If plugging the phone it turns it on then while it's plugged in, turn it off and let it charge for at least another hour, even if the phone says fully charged. Reboot the phone.

Be advised that you only need to do this once as repeated deep discharge cycles can harm the battery.

For general power saving, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS antennas when you aren't using them and set the screen brightness to low or auto. Also, don't sync data frequently. gmail is push, so that won't matter, but any widgets or mail accounts that sync data should do it only once an hour or less.

xoxojackie likes this.
  3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums jackie. Enjoy your new device and the forums.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia