1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Super AMOLED display is whiter on one side

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by tyrone910, Jun 4, 2016.

1. tyrone910

tyrone910 Member
    None

Feb 11, 2015
    Male
    Hi guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 for a year now. I haven't dropped it or anything. It is still good as new. Recently I noticed when looking into a white background, like Messanging or internet browsing, that the right side of my screen is whiter than the left. It's not brighter but just whiter. It has a different shade of white than the left side. I think my Super AMOLED display has a problem. Can you help me please? Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Is it an abrupt change or a gradual one? Is there any sort of pattern? Do you have a homescreen or wallpaper that's darker on one side than the other?

The reason for the last 2 questions is that the diodes in an AMOLED display don't age evenly, so colour shifts will occur with time (blue ages fastest as I recall). So in principle if you commonly lit up one side of the screen more than the other this could happen, but it would follow the pattern of where the screen is brightest rather than being a smooth shift. Though unless you use it heavily at high brightness with a fairly constant pattern of brightness I'd be a bit surprised if this was the cause.

3. tyrone910

tyrone910 Member
    None

Feb 11, 2015
    Male
    It is a gradual change but you can clearly see the point in which it changes in the middle part. It is not easily recognizable especially in high brightness but once you spot it, it is very hard to unsee it and it really bothers me a lot. I also noticed that the colors on the whiter side are less saturated, the blues are lighter maybe 1 or 2 shades compared to the ones on the normal side.