1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root super clean 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rick2934, Feb 12, 2011.

1. rick2934

rick2934 Newbie

I'm looking to upgrade my rom to the superclean 2.2. Right now I have DL09 with Super clean 0.4. My understanding is that superclean 2.2 also contains the kernel needed. I can't seem to find a working clockworkmod link for the new clockwork but was considering going to the superclean 2.2 voodoo anyways which from my understanding has it's own clockworkmod already packaged in? Would it be correct to assume I could do the following:

1. I've already used the old cwm to back up and backed up my apps on titanium backup.
    2. use odin to push the EB01 radio
    3. flash the superclean 2.2 voodoo
    4. flash the revolution theme that I want to get
    5. then make a new backup using the new cwm that comes with superclean 2.2 voodoo.

Does this sound correct? I just wanted to double check my knowledge from reading through some walkthroughs. Do I still need to flash the new cwm? Does any one have a working link for the new cwm? Thanks for anyone's help.

Advertisement

2. karib

karib Android Enthusiast

1) yes, make sure everything is backed up, contacts too
    2) yes, push EB01 radio with odin
    3) wipe data and cache a few times before flashing sc 2.2
    4) flash superclean, the red voodoo (if you choose to do voodoo) cwr is included in this rom
    5) make a back up in red cwr
    6) make sure everything is running well before loading a theme on there. I would definitely back up before any theme because sometimes they cause issues.

Good luck!

rick2934 likes this.
  3. rick2934

rick2934 Newbie

worked! thanks for your help and clarification. This is an off topic question but is there any way to get the email app from 2.1 because it seems that the new one doesn't allow me to connect to my work's exchange server saying my phone doesn't support a certain security feature necessary. my exchange server requires a password and encrpytion of data.

4. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast

Anyone know, can you do a SC2.2 upgrade over the SC2.1 without a wipe?

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yes...just make sure to not flash a nonvoodoo version over a voodoo versoin

6. tgulch22

Righto...I could see bad things happening there

7. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Yeah went from from 2.0 to 2.2 just awhile ago. Great reminder by nitsuj17 as well since prior to 2.0 there was no voodoo option now that there are two make sure you do the same to the same. [Not a terrible thing if you accidently throw voodoo over non of course. But non over voodoo = :(. Although even that can be undone via adrynalyne's mighty all in one odin] But make like easier and keep voodoo to voodoo or non to non

8. tgulch22

2.2 is awesome, but only downside is the google search is back to white again instead of having a black option....but of course, the power button camera makes it all worth it alone

9. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Most themes change the Google search widget to make the main theme

10. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

So what happens if you do nonvoodoo over a voodoo? Can you just push the original DI01 package to the phone through odin and start over? Just asking I am heading into voodoo land in a few minutes.

11. tgulch22

Yeah I have the superdark theme, but it had the white google in it too, so I was using the black google in SC....but it is a minor thing

12. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Yeah the di01. Odin file fixes all even voodoo screwups ....occasionally reflashing a voodoo kernel after mistakenly flashing rfs over voodoo fixes it...but its not always going to work

13. tgulch22

So that brings up a point...does lots of flashing of different ROM's and Kernels and themes leave behind garbage ever on the phone...is it a good practice to do a full odin di01 stock unroot restore and then re root and so forth to clear that up every once in a while..or does the reset and flash usually clean it up pretty good?

14. speedfreak

I personally have never cleared or wiped anything I just flash over the old stuff and it works. I hate setting up my phone. I haven't wiped anything from DI01 to SC2.2. I have went back and done a restore a few times. If it will make it faster then I'll do it but I won't want to

15. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Often you can get away without wiping data when upgrading...still its the best practice to wipe when upgrading and a good idea between roms..but when going to aosp its not an option...you have to wipe data and cache

16. speedfreak

Just a FYI ... I just ran a quadrant benchmark to see what the numbers are (I know that they don't mean much) but I got a 1419 on Superclean 2.2 with no cache/data wipe.

17. PeterGunz

PeterGunz Well-Known Member

I wiped cache and data numerous times before flashing 2.2 Voodoo from 2.1 Voodoo, and it came out very buggy so I wiped and restored my previous backup. I am assuming I need to flash 2.2 twice. Is this normal? (And should I wipe/flash it, reboot, then wipe/flash it again - or wipe/flash/flash, reboot?)

18. tgulch22

I just wiped cache and dalvik cache and did a install of 2.2 right on top of 2.1 and then flashed my superdark theme on top of it again and had no issues at all

19. karib

karib Android Enthusiast

Thats what I'm gonna do tomorrow. My first flash of eb01 superclean keeps freezing up on me. It was happening on dl30 also :mad:. Both times I wiped data/cache too...like 3 times. Maybe this will help? I dunno. If not, I might just odin back to di01 and start fresh.

20. saps

saps Extreme Android User

I do like the camera mod thats a part of the sc2.2

21. NOsquid

NOsquid Android Enthusiast

I sort of like it but it's not ideal. It doesn't take the picture until you release the button, which is the same problem as using the screen. A lot of photographers press the shutter and don't release until the picture is taken to combat camera shake and blurry photos.

22. Stupid question here, but if its not "technically" good to put voodoo over non voodoo, then how do you jump yourself to voodoo???

you have to get there somehow, right? :thinking:

23. NOsquid

NOsquid Android Enthusiast

It's fine, but the first boot with the robot voice would freak you out if you didn't expect it. And if you panicked and pulled the battery well...

Sheriff Austin likes this.
  24. Copy that NOsquid.

25. speedfreak

I wish I could have the robot voice instead of that chick that does the gps. I think it is pretty cool.