1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Super Easy Root in 3 minutes...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dasudevil, Nov 6, 2010.

1. dave5777

dave5777 Newbie

SetCPU on a stock Kernel can only change scailing factors. You can't over clock it unless you load a custom rom or kernel. You can save on battery life by setting profiles and putting it into powersave while the screen is off.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      46.4 KB
      Views:

Advertisement

2. rogcontact

rogcontact Member

Helping with rooting the phone...

To let you guys know, we have just released "MyBackup Root", which is a FREE download from the Android Market. It is for root phones only, and it will BATCH BACKUP AND RESTORE all applications, including the Data\Settings and Market Links! You are also allowed to schedule backups. All FREE.

We want to support the Root community, so we have made this a Free application, please help us spread the word!

We would also love feedback!

3. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

Just to throw this little tidbit out there. The OC capabilities come through custom kernels. You can have a custom ROM without a custom kernel but I don't think that's ever been the case. That being said I really want to check out this new 1.8 GHz OC kernel for CM6 that I saw on xda earlier.

4. 4g4win

4g4win Member

What is the benefit of a temp root? If you remove the bloatware from the phone will you see a performance increase or decrease? Doesn't the temp root use up more system resources since it creates a virtual drive on the phone's limited 1gb memory?

5. dntnvme

dntnvme Newbie

Only thing is visionary version r14 has a different interface... Mine visionary has options like temp boot, fast boot, perm boot and etc.

6. dasudevil

dasudevil Android Enthusiast

I have updated links and steps to help with the issues some may have been having.

7. JF-08

JF-08 Newbie

What are the benefits of Temp rooting vs Perm Root?

8. dasudevil

Personally I think the temp root is much safer and easier then the perm root. It so allows you to quickly un root when they give the 2.3 update

9. caseycreeper

caseycreeper Lurker

True, I bet it will be close to a year before MT4G sees official 2.3 tho it sucks

10. LBSF

LBSF Lurker

Cheers mate, that was very helpful.

11. LBSF

LBSF Lurker

That was the step I was missing:). Now all tmo crap is gone:D
    Thank you all for the support

12. pleaseno

pleaseno Newbie

I finally did this.. looked at my phone for about 30 minutes before i pressed the temp root now.. have had the phone since they came out... slowly but surely i will per root with a new rom..any word of wisdom?

13. pleaseno

pleaseno Newbie

is fast boot supposed to be on or off?

14. pleaseno

pleaseno Newbie

Also what happens when they update the phones and you are rooted?

15. cw54o

cw54o Member

its supposed to be off

16. dasudevil

Nothing. You are technically not rooted to a different rom or anything that could hinder an update. If one were to come you will get it. Worst case senerio if you dont get the update all you have to do is a reset. Soo much simpler then un rooting via commands and maybe messing something up.

In regards to your fast boot. IT HAS TO BE OFF... if you put it on your phone will go into an infinite loop and then the only way to fix is a master reset... Actually that my PC's fault... My bad...

Who would have thought i was adding some movie files and the phone went into reboot loop. YEA... gotta love backups and roots. Real fast..

17. scolai

scolai Lurker

Just did this...was true to the title of the post...thanks.

One question...after temp root, am I supposed to leave USB Debugging checked and Fast Boot unchecked (off)?

18. dasudevil

Glad I could help.

Yes its part of the root process. Be careful and make a back up of all your data and apps via titanium backup or use mybackup. This way if anything happens you can quickly install things the way they were.

On a side note: Some MT4G's temp root or even perm root using the stock rom may become unstable. It took almost 5 months before mine started messing up.

scolai likes this.
  19. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

I have a myTouch 4G coming this week. It's for my daughter so I don't want to screw with it too much, so maybe this temproot will work.

So, what happens after a reboot exactly? You can have visionary auto temproot upon reboot? Then all of the frozen apps (using titantium) stay frozen upon reboot and all root apps still work upon reboot?

Does superuser remember root permissions so that you don't have to approve apps in superuser after each reboot?

If that's all the case, why even bother with perm root?

20. dasudevil

Congrats on the new purchase. You will not be disappointed.

Depends if you just do the temp root within visionary when you reboot it goes back to normal like nothing happened.

Yes you can set visionary to temp/perm root. (perm root does not turn off the s-off)

Yes

Yes superuser remembers it all.

Perm root gives you options to change the rom and do a bit more. Also with the temp rooting or rooting for that matter, the stock rom can and may screw up. Upon a reboot (who knows which # its all different) it may go into a boot loop. It will stay on the my logo. The only way to get past it is a master reset via volume down + power.

21. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

Visionary is capable of perm rooting the myTouch 4g? I didn't think so as I've seen the other longer instructions to perm root.

Are you saying that even if I just temp root (automatically upon each reboot) with Visionary, I could still wind up in this boot loop someday? Even if I turn off fast boot? How common is that?

Master reset with volume down+power will wipe the device, right?

I wouldn't want to wind up in a situation where I had to wipe it because of this someday. I know I can do backups and such, but that still would be a big pain.

22. dasudevil

Its not a true perm root however to start a perm root you have to go through this step in any and all perm root situations.

YES.. I had mine for almost 5 months with no issues then one day BAM every time i rebooted i had to start all over. I was getting real good at the root and redoing all my backups. Got it down to 5 minutes with everything.

Not too common its a hit or miss. You either get it or it takes a LONG time for it to show.

Yes if it were to happen a master reset is the only way. Sorry...

23. So, I'm still confused. Will this temp root let me remove the bloatware for good? Or will it return when I reboot the phone?

24. dasudevil

If you purchase titanium backup pro you have the option to freeze the application and upon reboot your frozen apps will still be frozen

If you use the free version upon backup they show back up.

Also want to add since its been a long time and there has been an update 2.3 does not have a rooting method

25. kairi2

kairi2 Newbie

there needs to be an email list for notifying us when 2.3 can b rooted!