1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Super Kaleidoscope App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shizny, Jul 29, 2011.

1. shizny

shizny Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    would love to get some feedback on this app I just did... "Super Kaleidoscope" it can turn your phone's camera into a kaleidoscope and also load images from the phone's media library and use the kaleidoscope on them. Works well on my HTC desire. You can always return if you don't like it, but feedback would be great. Example pics... http://wolffebrothers.com/superkaleidoscope.html

Advertisement

2. shizny

shizny Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
  3. shizny

shizny Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    New one from Super Kaleidoscope, would still love some feedback :)

[​IMG]

4. CrystalM77

CrystalM77 Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Purchased your app because I am a kaleidoscope lover, and I can hardly believe you have no feedback on this yet. You've done a great job considering what is available to work with, but the biggest issue is the lack of quality in the final images. I play with it, because it's fun, and I can run the final images through my PC kaleidoscope apps to get some unique designs, and you get better images when scoping a still picture from your gallery than when trying to use the moving image from the video camera.

If I were to suggest anything, it would be to make the ability to set the number of mirrors before running the app and use the touch slider as a pause button instead. That would allow the app to use the moving video, split according to the launch choice in number of mirrors, and then hit pause when something looks good. It may yield a higher quality finished image to save as well.

Finally, I'll share some of my images with you...

From video:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From still:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best wishes on the continued development of your product.

~Crystal Murray