1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Super NOOB !!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by djjoe, Jun 26, 2011.

1. djjoe

djjoe Lurker
    None

May 19, 2010
    Ok was a big iOS guy before making the switch to android, i have a couple of questions that i cant seem to find the answers to: What happend to all the contacts when you root the phone, or install a new ROM? is there a way to SYNC your android like a iPhone dose with iTunes? just asking becaue I think Im gonna love android but just dont wanna have to input 150 contacts info every time I Load a new ROM or something..

Advertisement

2. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    Contacts - If you store your contacts in Gmail, they will be preserved if you change phones, wipe your phone, or lose your phone. Saving the contacts to your phone means they will be lost on a wipe.

Sync - There are supposedly apps that allow you to sync with Itunes. You can also sync media with Windows Media Player, or any other media player out there. Double Twist is an Itunes-like program for Android, and Songbird has gotten mostly positive reviews. I'm a fan of media monkey. You can also drag and drop your media to the phone via USB, or sync via the cloud (Amazon Cloud Player, among other choices).

djjoe likes this.
  3. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    like he said...

if you enable the google sync with gmail. google will hold all your contacts and appointments... it syncs automatically via the carrier network; no need to attach to any computer. and it is free.

you info will be pushed to any device you logon to that account. you will also have access to that info online from any computer.

PS.. welcome to android and to this forum.

4. djjoe

djjoe Lurker
    None

May 19, 2010
    thanks again is there a link or site i can look at these programs and how do i upload my contacts to google ? I have several email accounts msn,aol,gmail and yahoo too can i have ALL OF THEM ON THE PHONE AT THE SAME TIME ? Sorry i have a T-Mobile samsung vibrant galaxy s 4G

5. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    [QUOTE is there a link or site i can look at these programs][/QUOTE]

The Market, market.android.com

If they arent already (and make sure so you dont get double contacts) in your contacts/people app, hit menu, export to sd card. Then delete all your contacts. Then go to menu-import, and import as Google Contacts. Give it a few minutes and your contacts will be synced.

Yes. Welcome to android, where you can do what you want, not what Steve Jobs tells you to do.

paparadzi likes this.