• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Super One Click quistion?

I just ordered my phone and I plan to root it right away so I can run Link2SD or App2SD.
With my current phone I use Super One Click to root it. On this forum no one has any tutorials using it however I seen a video on YouTube where they used it to root the V.

My quistion is can Super One Click Root the V as it does on my Ascend? I just want to be prepared for when my phone arrives.

How to ROOT Lg Optimus V with SuperOneClick - YouTube as well as a few others.

Actually, there are two threads that use SuperOneClick to root your phone. One is the sticky at the top of this forum, here. And the other is my tutorial here. Whyzor has a tut that uses a different method using gingerbreak here. It's also a sticky at the top of this forum (lucky). I suggest reading all three so you know what to expect and be more informed as to what to do and to get the needed software.

Reactions: Diablo2k
Upvote 0
If you buy the new "v" it will be 2.2.2 OS. SuperOneClick is not what you want to root. Go to "Guide to rooting without a computer ", it will have all the necessary items needed to root and install a recovery. Make sure you make a backup of your system in the recovery(this is called a nandroid backup).

Upvote 0
True, and I've been reading that the newer versions of the 'V' are coming with the Optimus S screen which requires different drivers. Bigsupersquid just uploaded new recoveries that if I'm reading it correctly will have the needed drivers so the refurbished 'V' will not get the black screen after flashing.
Wondering if the updates are a good thing or not. I didn't get a refurb, I bought a new phone from Amazon. So if it has the 2.2.2 OS will it also have the new screen?

Upvote 0
Guess I don't have to worry about that issue, all I wanna do is Root the phone, not install any custom Roms. Well not sure how long I will be able to go without doing some playing around with things, I just installed CM6 on my Ascend tonight, was a spur of the moment out of boredom decision :D

Just can't wait to get the phone and start playing around with it. I am getting impatient and stressing myself out on how to do things and I don't even have the phone yet.:mad:

Sorry for jumping in head first.

Upvote 0
Guess I don't have to worry about that issue, all I wanna do is Root the phone, not install any custom Roms. Well not sure how long I will be able to go without doing some playing around with things, I just installed CM6 on my Ascend tonight, was a spur of the moment out of boredom decision :D

Just can't wait to get the phone and start playing around with it. I am getting impatient and stressing myself out on how to do things and I don't even have the phone yet.:mad:

Sorry for jumping in head first.
If you could have been here when I was a total "Nuub"(yogi4 can verify), I still can't believe that I was that bad(a "Nuub" to end all "Nuub's")
I guess that's why I like to help new members so much(don't want them to go thru what I put myself thru)

Upvote 0
If you could have been here when I was a total "Nuub"(yogi4 can verify), I still can't believe that I was that bad(a "Nuub" to end all "Nuub's")
I guess that's why I like to help new members so much(don't want them to go thru what I put myself thru)
Yeah, now I go to him for help!! As you can tell from his contributions in this forum that he is now very knowledgeable and trustworthy guy. (I take cash for saying that Andy!!) :D

Upvote 0
Got my phone today. Still have not activated it but I have already installed a new Rom.

I installed recovery from the instructions from here,

[FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms - Android Forums

I then installed the Rom from here,

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Now I have a problem I have not seen anywhere else. After booting into the system I can not click/touch anything, I am stuck at the "Touch the android to begin" screen, but I when I touch the Android nothing happens.

I also made a huge mistake and forgot to back up the stock Rom, so I am kinda stuck sense the normal stock Rom wont work with the newer phones, or will it?

At least I don't have to rely on this phone yet, I got a little time to get this fixed.

[edit] I did manage to get into the system once before the problem started, I then noticed I forgot to install GApps so I went back into recovery and installed GApps and now I am having this problem. Could I have installed a wrong version of GApps?

[edit2] Found out I was using the wrong version of Gapps. I found the correct one for CM7 and it won't install. Wiped everything 3x reinstalled Rom, installed the correct Gapps and theres no Google Apps showing up.
gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

Upvote 0
If you also go to post 762 of JerryScripts thread on the BACKside ROM there's a direct link to the devs thread in the XDA forum. Got to go lunch is almost over.
Go here and install the ROM in the link mentioned. Also you need to wipe cache partition,dalvick cache(found in the advanced section),wipe data/factory reset(you can never use the factory reset in the phone menu as it will brick your phone). Then you need to format boot,system,data,and cache. This should clear up your install problems. Also after you touch on the Icon you will be asked to sign in,select skip,then go to the market app and sign in to your Google account there.

Upvote 0
Go here and install the ROM in the link mentioned. Also you need to wipe cache partition,dalvick cache(found in the advanced section),wipe data/factory reset(you can never use the factory reset in the phone menu as it will brick your phone). Then you need to format boot,system,data,and cache. This should clear up your install problems. Also after you touch on the Icon you will be asked to sign in,select skip,then go to the market app and sign in to your Google account there.
I did alll that but still same problem.

Upvote 0
Ok,you probably don't have the Optimus "S"screen. Install the proper asopCMOd recovery for the "V",and install the BACKside ROM(If you want to),which can be found in the first post of the BACKside ROM's thread.
I have version 2.2.2 and I got the black screen w/ CWM. this lead me to believe that I had the S screen. but I can just Flash the normal Backside and if it dont work then go back to the updated version.

[edit]
I found a work around. I found a Market APK installed it using filemanager then started downloading Google apps that I thought I would need. Not sure I got everything but I got the basics, Gmail, maps, ect.

Upvote 0
If you got a black screen clockworkmod recovery Then you definitely have the optimus s screen. go back to EmuZombies site and ask him for help in getting everything working properly, and to let him know of the troubles that you are having so he might be able to straighten them out so that the next person won't have as many problems

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones