1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

super slim case?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Apr 6, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi guys,

actually enjoying using the pix3 without a case as at home all the time ....even nicer to hold than my pix2

.... but can see myself dropping it when out and about :/

anyone got a really good slim case fitted? .... maybe one of these?

thanks

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-thin-cases-google-pixel-3

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I'm a super-giant-huge fan of the RhinoShield bumper-type cases:
    https://rhinoshield.io/pages/shop/G...ry=crashguard&prod=google-pixel-3-bumper-case

They provide plenty of protection against drops (take it from someone who's dumped his Pixel 3 on the concrete several times with no damage), make the phone a bit grippier to hold, and still let you enjoy that wonderful glass finish on the back. Seriously, can't recommend enough.

I'd be pretty wary about any ultra-slim cases as they might not provide much crash protection. Be sure to check that they provide ample overhang over the front of the screen. I found that the later generations of the Google fabric cases are pretty much flush with the screen and therefore completely useless from a protection standpoint. They do look and feel great though.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

DBrand is one of the big names in phone protection, but they are skins (they have some cases too). A skin is literally as slim as it getas: https://dbrand.com/shop/google-pixel-3-skins

Also, I recently discovered MNML which is the slimest case I've ever used: https://mnmlcase.com/products/pixel-3-mnml-case

4. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

thanks guys ... yeah ideally im after something pretty flash as just want a bit more grippyness without any bulk
    .....think the bumpers might make it too wide :/ ..... maybe :D
    cheers

5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

oh ... thought it was a glass back .... mine sounds more like plastic! :/ :D

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

are the dbrand back skins non slip? ... think that is all i need really .... i like the edge of the pix3 as it is nice to scroll the screen along it :D ... not sure i want to cover it up
    ta

7. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Depends on the skin, but yeah, they tend to be at least marginally more grippy than the bare glass. I've actually got their Teardown skin on my Pixel 3 and I love it.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

^what he said, lol. All they do is offer barest protection, and provide grip. Dbrand seems to be a favorite of many reviewers/youtubers etc. Probably a discount if you use a promo code from Linus Tech Tips or MKBHD.

9. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

:) cool - thanks guys - will check those out some more

NightAngel79 likes this.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews