1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories super thin cases cheap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by escalade6103, Mar 8, 2011.

1. escalade6103

escalade6103 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    ok so heres some links for the thinnest cases ive found. they are almost identical to Rocketfish cases at a fraction of the price. i actually physically compared them side by side and i like these better than the Rocketfish. maybe it was cause of the price, haha.

this is a link for a black one.
    [​IMG]Black Hard Rubberized Cover Case for Motorola Droid X - eBay (item 150574033126 end time Mar-08-11 18:41:38 PST)

this is the same one but a different color. i put this one here because it shows the features to look for better. there are different versions of these so here are the features that i look for when i get one. look for the outline of the battery door on the back of the case and the curves on the front of the case, and that it has 2 small holes in the back for the speaker and vent. this one and the one above will fit in the oem waffle textured holster.
    [​IMG]Motorola Droid X Case Cover Faceplate Rubberized Orange - eBay (item 400200255614 end time Apr-03-11 17:48:57 PDT)

this style case is kind of the same but a little bit wider and wont fit in the oem holster. but if your not using the oem holster i would get this kind because they are made a little better. the snaps on the side are stronger. on these look for the straight lines on the front side and 1 large whole for both the speaker and vent. if you do want to use the oem waffle textured holster you could probably modify it a little by using a heat gun to spread out the side edges but im not sure since i havnt tried it.
    [​IMG]Rubberized Hard Case RED for Motorola MB810 Droid X - eBay (item 180636145596 end time Apr-05-11 13:47:51 PDT)

i have both and would feel pretty safe with either. and yes they both work with extended battery and extended battery cover. no they arent lint magnets at all. and the rubberized texture doesnt pull your inner pocket out when you pull your phone out but it helps you hold onto your phone. put pics when the camera gets back from getting fixed.

also they work with oem window docking station

Advertisement

colchiro and Trooper like this.
  2. t4bz

t4bz Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    colchiro likes this.
  3. escalade6103

None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    I have a tpu case as well but i don't use it. It doesn't stay tight against the sides. Other than that it's a pretty good case. I wish they would come up with a hybrid tpu.hard case like the seidio active. The tpu would be better than the silicon

4. Btros

Btros Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    Maybe I got the wrong kind of TPU case...because mine feels way too thick and I hate it. The ones from monoprice are really thin?

5. kenn

kenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    I just got a couple from monoprice. I had an order that was shipping so I bought a few cases and screen protectors and the TPU case is indeed very slim. It is snug but does have a TINY amount of play on the sides. If you have an order from monoprice anyway, you can't go wrong.

I bought matte, mirrior, and regular screen protectors as well. They are quite nice. Crystal clear, easy fit, and very, very smooth. All for about a buck for TWO...

6. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I have the extended battery and ordered the TPU case from monoprice. At first the case didn't slip in/out of the stock holster, but after I got the case to snap over the edge of the phone, it fit nicely.

7. Gareee

Gareee Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    WNC
    We have the clear colored "argyle back" silicon cases for our phones, and they just feel WAY to thick to me. I use it when I know I'll be out and active, but go without it much of the time because I hate the additional thickness.

8. lazy bum

lazy bum Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    I ordered one of the eBay cases in the original post for my new X and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's a good, cheap alternative and really doesn't add much thickness for the phone. I like it better than the Seidio Innocase II I had on my Incredible.

I've yet to try the extended batter with it but probably will in the next few weeks once I decide to order one.

9. escalade6103

None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    im glad it worked out for you

10. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I'd prefer the Innocase, which I loved on my Incredible, but my budget is closer to the links in this thread.... :D

Thanks for starting this thread.