• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Super User Access

hecass

Lurker
Dec 4, 2011
I have been reading the info on rooting Optimus V.
My question is : can the Optimus V be given super user access using ADB. Don't want to change from stock rom, just want to use a few programs that require root.
Was going to use Gingerbreak till it tested positive for virus.
Thanks in advance.:)

I have been reading the info on rooting Optimus V.
My question is : can the Optimus V be given super user access using ADB. Don't want to change from stock rom, just want to use a few programs that require root.
Was going to use Gingerbreak till it tested positive for virus.
Thanks in advance.:)

What program defined gingerbreak as a virus? It is an exploit program, so I can see why it was flagged. Get your files from the stickies here and you should be OK.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work on the V.
There are currently only three known ways to root the V.
1. SuperOneClick version 1.6.4 (this will only work on the 2.2.1 V's), You have to select the Shell Root option and then push su and Busybox with shell commands. You have to have the LG Optimus V USB drivers installed on a PC and USB debugging selected on the phone.

2. The Gingerbreak.apk (this will work on all ZV4 and ZV5 fimware V's), You must enable unknown sources and USB debugging. It might take anywhere from one to 10 try's depending on screen and firmware combinations, but is completely harmless if it fails to install on any attempt.

3. The Gordita Root exploit (this will work on all firmware versions including the ZV9), there is a One click version ( EManU3LXXX Optimus V Root.zip) and Guide in the All Things Root Guide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones