1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Superbricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 101kitty, Jan 12, 2013.

1. 101kitty

101kitty Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    I was trying to root me phone buy re installing a 2.3.3 and something happend and it did not install right... so know my phone will not charge... nor start up, its not doing anything, it will turn on when i plug in the USB cord, is there away to fix this?? not only that i found this in the in the same folder as the update.app was in.

**** SD download log ****
    filename = a:\dload\update.app
    Failure: AMSS

Advertisement

2. epp

epp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    It is possible to do a factory reset by using the hardware keys/buttons, if the phone doesn't actually come on as it normally would.

To do this on the Prism:

Hold down simultaneously the Power button and the Volume Up button and hold them down through the T-Mobile splash screen.

When the Android system recovery screen appears, release these two buttons.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll down to highlight Wipe data/Factory Reset and press the Power button to select it. Then press Volume Down key to highlight Yes - delete all user data and press the Power key to select.

The Android unpacking screen will then appear. Once the reset of the data has been completed, the Android system recovery screen reappears. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Reboot system now and press the Power button to select.

The phone will then automatically restart and the phone software will be returned to the factory state.

Note that this process will not erase data stored on the microSD or SIM cards.

Hope this helps.

Tags: