• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperOneClick 2.1 Root :D

Flashed original 2.1, then i did everything as explained.
1. formatted sd card and made partitions
2. installed Superoneclick
3. put files on sd card root folder
and then when i run script to isntall app2sd i get this:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4659/hmmiq.jpg

What am i doing wrong?

SD card is unmounted and usb debugging is turned on :(

I am having the same error. Did U manage to install after all app2sd?
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
didn't work.. it says rooted successfully and i have superuser on my phone now.. what went wrong? i still can't install on sdcard.. i don't have any other application.. suggestions?[/

When u connect ur phone after rooting u connect the usb and do not select any of the 3 options that pop up..just press the back button.....UNMOUNTING MEANS NOT TO UMOUNT THE SD CARD FROM SETTINGS LITERALLY....now in command prompt enter adw shell and su....

Upvote 0
didn't work.. it says rooted successfully and i have superuser on my phone now.. what went wrong? i still can't install on sdcard.. i don't have any other application.. suggestions?[/

When u connect ur phone after rooting u connect the usb and do not select any of the 3 options that pop up..just press the back button.....UNMOUNTING MEANS NOT TO UMOUNT THE SD CARD FROM SETTINGS LITERALLY....now in command prompt enter adw shell and su....

what to enter on command prompt sir? can you complete? thanks.. and do i need other programs to work on with?

Upvote 0
Hi,
1) I am totally a newbie to the androids and Xperia X8..
But I have been doing loads of searching to find out about rooting..and gotta tell ya this is the best thread I have seen thus far on how to do it..And I am planning to do it :D..
In some others, I have read that there's quite some risk involved when rooting your device that you might brick it..I just wanted to make sure whether this is true and do I have that kinda risk involved when following this method as well?

2) I am currently using a 4GB class 4 SD card. Is that good enough to do the rooting?

3) Will the applications and the contacts that I have currently installed in the phone be deleted after the rooting?

4) After doing it, Will I be able to unroot it? And how?

I know that this thing is a bit lengthy :p..But I hope someone can help me with these questions. :)
thanks in advance :D

Upvote 0
Hi,
1) I am totally a newbie to the androids and Xperia X8..
But I have been doing loads of searching to find out about rooting..and gotta tell ya this is the best thread I have seen thus far on how to do it..And I am planning to do it :D..
In some others, I have read that there's quite some risk involved when rooting your device that you might brick it..I just wanted to make sure whether this is true and do I have that kinda risk involved when following this method as well?

2) I am currently using a 4GB class 4 SD card. Is that good enough to do the rooting?

3) Will the applications and the contacts that I have currently installed in the phone be deleted after the rooting?

4) After doing it, Will I be able to unroot it? And how?

I know that this thing is a bit lengthy :p..But I hope someone can help me with these questions. :)
thanks in advance :D

No
Yes
No
Yes

Sorry for the brevity

Reactions: prabash
Upvote 0
Erm.. I'm new to rooting and I'm currently having problems with the SuperOneClick thingy.. I followed ur steps in order and when i click root, the box says : Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

I do not know what to do next.. Ur help is greatly appreciated :D

Upvote 0
Hi there! Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong - I rooted the X8 but when installing app2sd :

c:\adb>adb shell
$ su
su
# sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh
sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh
sh: Can't open /sdcard/app2sd.sh
#

I have placed the app2sd.sh into /sdcard so whats the problem ?
Thank you!

make sure when you connect your phone to your pc you choose the CHARGE THE PHONE option

Reactions: Dinkoprim
Upvote 0
Lion, we used this since 01.08.2011. And it worked perfect even from back there. And since I'm happily using root explorer, titanium, scriptme and other applications that would have shouted at me if I didn't have root, I really doubt I have to replace anything.

yes yes yes.. what a great speech.. we all love ya nick :D

Reactions: coman_nick
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones