1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SuperOneClick Hangs, etc.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneGlow, Oct 3, 2014.

1. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

The Carrier for my phones has replaced my Sprint LG Optimus S™, the previous one that went bad was rooted for $29.95, and I went back to those people to get this one rooted, and told them it was a replacement for the one they rooted, and they wanted me to pay again because they said this is a "different device" (true, in certain ways). I just use this phone as a backup for my Coolpad Quattro II 801ES, and am not interested in paying another fee for this.

I know that firmware updates have included patches to stop the phones out there from being "rooted", so since this phone, though refurbished, came out in 2010, I need to know if there are any utils/apps that are current that can root this device (since it is old now, I realize that might not be anything out there, besides those people who charge to do it, and use remote access to do it). The specs are as follows:

Manufacturer: LGE
    Model: LS670
    Version: ZVJ.47B67B46
    Android Version: 2.3.3 (GingerBread)

z4root does not seem to be working, as it makes things freeze up, and I really thought SuperOneClick (v2.3.3.0) would work, but when it reaches a certain point,
    "... Step #7 WaitForDevice",
    it stops there and goes not further ... I even updated the adb files, and still no go;

I would like to have a hold of something that would work on Linux Systems, or the phone itself, however, I do have Windows 8 on my Laptop (it had been so long since I been in Windows, I forgot it was on the Laptop), so if it comes to something that needs / uses Windows, then I will resort to it.

Thanks,
    Cliff

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

As an additional note, I also tried SRSRoot (v4.7), both "methods": SmartRoot and "All Methods", and it did not succeed either :-(

3. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

Tried Towel Root, and that one did not work either :(

4. mrao

mrao Member

Who were these people who rooted it for you ?

5. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

oneclickroot dot com. They are nice.

6. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can grab GingerBreak v1.3, because the one I tried was v1.2, and according to a Video I watched, I need to use v1.3 of GingerBreak (and not v1.2) for Android 2.3.3;

It appears to be a daunting task to try and locate this specific version on the Internet via a Google Search ... some links are broken, some have removed v1.3 (yet left v1.2 available), I click on links that several windows pop-up, etc. and I cannot seem to manage to get a copy of GingerBreak v1.3, and it seems a never-ending journey trying to grab a hold of a copy.

Well, who knew a few years ago, that a few years later, there where going to be refurbished phones released for purchase in 2014 with Android 2.3.3, for example, by a Company like Kroger Stores, and it's I-Wireless online site ...

Cliff

7. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

8. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

9. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

Okay, maybe I was the only idiot that purchased the newly released refurbished Sprint Optimus S™ LS670 phone with Android 2.3.3 :-( Glad it's just a backup/secondary phone for me.

10. PhoneGlow

PhoneGlow Newbie

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { } Hooray!!!! Finally found a way to get it rooted ... No WINDOWS Platform needed either :)

The Instructions (including the apk files to download) are at:

Tricks and tips for your PC and Android Device: Simplest way to Root Android Phone Without a Computer

The catch is here that it appears the you have to download "Superuser", well chainfire's "SuperSU" did not work for me, though I only tried once. Anyway, I suspect the "Pook Debug" apk might get booted off of Google's Play's Store once they find out this is a sneaked in program for the use of another program, but I imagine that if that happens, it will still be available elsewhere.

Sprint LG Optimus S

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews