• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SuperPad III G-sensor problem....

hhan123

Apr 5, 2011
I bought a SuperPad III that arrived 2 days ago. The product was advertised as SuperPad III Flytouch 3. Quite confusing to see people with SuperPad II Flytouch 3 - what is the difference between SuperPad II and III?

Product naming aside. I have a major problem with the G-Sensor:

1. G-Sensor works when you rotate the home screen.
2. G-Sensor does not work properly for games such as Labyrinth or Raging Thunder.
3. G-Sensor seems to have axis reversed for games. Up/Down = Left/Right...quite impossible to play a racing game with the problem.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone have a SuperPad III WIHOUT this problem - appreciate if you can post your ROM version + Android Build version so I can check if mine is outdated.

Does anyone know the fix?

It sounds like I have the same tablet, Superpad III, and the same problems!
I got a sensor reader from the market and it shows the G-sensor working but no input from the tilt sensors.
I don't have a solution yet, but at least you're not alone.
I'm going to open it up and look for loose connections, and to see if I can find the tilt sensor.

Upvote 0
It sounds like I have the same tablet, Superpad III, and the same problems!
I got a sensor reader from the market and it shows the G-sensor working but no input from the tilt sensors.
I don't have a solution yet, but at least you're not alone.
I'm going to open it up and look for loose connections, and to see if I can find the tilt sensor.
I posted this some where else and some responded to say the Superpad III is a clone/defective Superpad II.

It seems this g-sensor problem does not occur in the Superpad II.

Let me know if you manage to fix it. I wanted to return mine but found out a few games using the G-sensor actually works a-tilt labyrinth and a few bubble apps show the sensors working properly...weird.

Upvote 0
Just came across this thread googling for "SuperPAD III". Seems to be a somewhat rare one. I have just considered it a flytouch III for now.

The sensor is a bit different on mine. It is pretty sensitive when lying nearly flat. Angry Birds does not rotate but then I thought it wasn't supposed to. Tilt games probably not very good on the one I have. Otherwise OK

DoTar; If you take it apart PLEASE take pictures and post them (here?). That would be great!

This pad is much much smoother and faster than the superpad 2 that I had. G sensor (tilt?) is a bit finicky though. Perhaps there will be an independent update that will fix this. ?possible some superpad 2 and flytouch 3 have same problem? will search.

Android system info says Model/Product = wwe 10

mine as delivered;
MODEL # = disco
Android version = 2.2-20110316
Baseband version = unknown
Kernal version = 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #34
Build # = FRF85B

Upvote 0
Yes, those sellers were lying to you. That is NOT the flytouch 3 - they are selling sub-par tablets.

Ibex makes the Tablet and the Box should read "Flytouch 3 Superpad 2" and have an iBex logo, if it does not there is a good chance you have received a lower spec model.

8gb Flytouch 3 gets 3G, Spurs Wannabe SuperPad III Flytouch 4

My tablet came in a box that says Superpad III. I was looking for a 10" pad but was not familiar with all the models out there. I choose this one because it has GPS and came with a keyboard at a very cheap price of US$190 including shipping.

I have burnt several ROMs for the Flytouch 3 (Superpad II) and the device seems to be able to run them fine.

So far this is what I've tested:

1. GPS works.
2. Angry bird runs.
4. Wifi Web-browsing works fine. I didn't have problem with range as reported by some people.
5. Youtube works no problem.

Clone or not it was a pretty decent device. I had problems in 3 areas though:

1. GSensors which I reported earlier. Strangely works for some games like A-tilt Labyrinth and half the bubble apps for testing gsensors shows it working fine, the others show it working in reverse - baffling!!!
2. 3G Dongle - does not work with my Huawei E1550, there are some who say the original IBex Superpad II only works with E1750 - I haven't tried.
3. Ad Hoc networking with WiFiRouter running on my HTC does not work with the mod ROMs ...can detect and connect but cannot get on the web.

I decided against returning it as the device is still usable despite these problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones