• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SuperPad III Model: Android Tab10 Build FRF85B AV:v2.3 2011-09-19(001112)Kernel 2.6.32.9 #79

LOL... good luck with your Clone mate.

A clone of what exactly.

All these forums are claiming that all these flytouches and super pads are clones
And that only the ibex will do. But I have yet to find any proof that the ibex is not a clone of anything else.

It seems that flytouch or super pad is just a generic name for devices of this style

That is why I didn't bother with an ibex.

Lee

Upvote 0
A clone of what exactly.

All these forums are claiming that all these flytouches and super pads are clones
And that only the ibex will do. But I have yet to find any proof that the ibex is not a clone of anything else.

It seems that flytouch or super pad is just a generic name for devices of this style

That is why I didn't bother with an ibex.

Lee

You are correct. Flytouch [whatever] is just a generic name. iBex need to claim it is better to justify their higher prices but, in reality, their products are the same as many other sellers products.

You can tell the fanbois on here.... they simply cannot make a post without advertising their masters' name or even make a post that actually helps someone with a problem.

No-one knows who made the first Flytouch, the reality is that the Chinese manufacturing model allows for many different original manufacturers. Certainly Gome sold Flytouches before iBex and Chinagrabber, which, by definition, makes their flytouches clones as well as everybody elses.

Upvote 0
firmware and development thread is here; ibex Flytouch 5 Wopad System Update
No this has nothing to do with this pad. Please do not offer advice you do not understand yourself.

Another useful link, depending on how fake you flytouch is, is this firmware upgrade & tools section:

Flytouch 5 Firmware & Tools Download Area - Blogs - aPad.TV The home of the aPad. Forums

Good Luck Mateys

Superpad III V10 Tab10 is Flytouch 5 Wannabe - Buyer Beware! | PRLog

See above post. Also I can write a prlog saying Santa sneezes golden snowflakes and it would be just as valid as yours.

Anyway does this flytouch 5 firmware work with the tab10
My seller is sending me an SD card with the original firmware.

Lee

No, and it is irresposible at best, likely malicious, to even suggest you try it. It would most likely not work at all but if it did it would probably permanently brick your tablet. Not because you have an "evil defective cursed by the Android Fairy clone", but because these tablets have completely different architecture.

You are correct. Flytouch [whatever] is just a generic name. iBex need to claim it is better to justify their higher prices but, in reality, their products are the same as many other sellers products.

You can tell the fanbois on here.... they simply cannot make a post without advertising their masters' name or even make a post that actually helps someone with a problem.

No-one knows who made the first Flytouch, the reality is that the Chinese manufacturing model allows for many different original manufacturers. Certainly Gome sold Flytouches before iBex and Chinagrabber, which, by definition, makes their products clones too.
Amen and Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

No-one knows who made the first Flytouch, the reality is that the Chinese manufacturing model allows for many different original manufacturers. Certainly Gome sold Flytouches before iBex and Chinagrabber, which, by definition, makes their flytouches clones as well as everybody elses.

Thanks for this. Also is apad.TV part of ibex or something as they also appear very biased.

Lee

Upvote 0
ibex released the Flytouch 5 over 2 MONTHS ago. Specs: Android 2.3, 10.2", cortex a8 cpu. Which makes them the original releaser of this tablet. iBex released the official tablet over 2 months ago. Now, that some clone factories come around, rogue chinese sellers are saying their clone tablets are Flytouch 3 when they are not. Boxes clearly say they are Superpad III.

iBex released the FT5 when they received the shipment from the factory that they buy them from...in exactly the same way as every other Chinese seller.
This specific thread exist because there are so many different clone factories.
including the one iBex uses
What makes something a clone? if it copies the original bit for bit (or tries).
the many on-line dictonaries have better definitions
Nice thing to know is the the ibex tablets use upgraded components:

Important Flytouch 3 Buying Information - Blogs - aPad.TV The home of the aPad. Forums

This was confirmed when Tim6a custom rom was released, clone sellers like LITB models' wifi stopped working when Tim6a was flashed onto clone units; iBex Units' wifi stopped working.

This is not proof of upgraded components, it is proof that different factories assembled these tablets using different modules (whatever they had to hand) not necessarily better, not necessarily worse.... just different. Where is your proof that all iBex FT3 tablets wifi use upgraded components? You don't have any because it is not true.
People on this thread who do not own this tablet and have never seen the Flytouch 5 / Superpad V2.2 tablet so they should be careful trying to act like experts.
You posted yesterday that you were still waiting for your FT5 so how does that make you an expert? Even when you receive it, how can you compere it with a FT6 as you don't have one?
Point of the story, take everything on here with a grain of salt.

Some people may call me an iBex Fanboi - so what?
So it explains why you keep spamming this forum with your overly biased posts. Feel free to post them on apad.tv where they will be applauded.
I'm proud of it too. Maybe you clone boi's should start having some pride instead of insulting people on these threads.

I am not a 'bois' of any description, I will, and do, advise people to check all sellers, including the one you love so dearly, before making a purchase. I also would prefer to make my own mind up on things without all your biased advertising posts. If you have a link that may be of interest to people post it....ONCE.
No-one is being insulted here.
Another note: non-ibex clone sellers also bombard these threads trying to push their personal agendas (pushing the zenithink z102 or clone ft6).
There are sellers on here, yes. Do they bombard every thread with adverts?....No.....unlike you and the other iBex advertisers.
Lastly, ibex release the latest tablets months before everyone else does, release custom ROMs, Tim6a, FunnyComb Honeycomb rom, and had tablets that are AS described.
Proof?..ibex/chinagrabber did not write the firmware for any of the flytouches, they do not own it, they cannot release any tablet until the firmware owners release it to the masses and you cannot prove when every other seller released their offerings. Tim & FF release updated firmware that work in all FT3's, not just the iBex one. They are based at apad.tv for whatever reason but they do not work for them (AFAIK)
Chinagrabber cant seem to make up their minds whether the FT5 has a hump where the RJ45 is or not. They also seem to be in a bit of a quandary as to whether there is one or two OTG USB ports.....so NOT AS DESCRIBED! (I know it is only a small point but you seem to want to insist that they supply items 'as described')
If knock-off sellers would just say they are selling superpad III then that would be fine. These tablets are NOT all the same.

quote me ONE tangible difference.
Conclusion, I say we all enjoy our Christmas and try to troubleshoot these tablets instead of finger pointing.

Merry Xmas!
Thats a bit rich coming from you. Show me ONE post where you have actually helped someone without posting a link to iBex saying something along the lines of 'send it back and buy a proper one.'

Upvote 0
Many people who bought LITB and non-iBex tablets on this forum has issues with wifi ceasing to work after they upgraded to the iBex Tim6a rom. I can dig up that thread as proof if you'd like.

No proof of that required, many factories used a different wifi module that contained a different chipset so different drivers were required. Tim, and I believe also FF have integrated the required drivers into their firmware releases.
As well as proof that multiple forums / blogs taht iBex released the Flytouch 5 in late October - over 2+ months before any of the Superpad III cloners did - making iBex the original factory to release the Ft5 - hence, Original and not clone.
Give it up. You have no proof of when other sellers started selling their tablets.
All recent unbranded customers on this forum are because of the clone factories and chinese sellers who are not properly labelling / selling what they are selling.

Case rested.

Almost all of the queries on here and other forums are asking for help because the purchasers did not perform due diligence before parting with their cash, or because their tablet has stopped working due to a fault. Nothing to do with mis-representation.

Upvote 0
To be fair I don't think the thread was started for this arguing. If you don't own the tablet in the thread title and cannot help those who do you don't really need to reply with comments like this. And before you say it I know im not a mod. But we all need to be helpful as we can all learn from each others experience. Anyway I will post the firmware when I get it. But I have been told that you cannot copy the files as the tablet won't accept the firmware.

Upvote 0
perfect me download it too so we talk tomorrow ;)
cheers

famonaco, the FT5 firmware is for Cortex A8 ARMv7 architecture. You would want to start with something bases on the x200 ARMv6. dart16 gave you some links to different custom firmware that while not for your tablets specifically it they would be good places to start as they are based off the same core platform. But they are 2.2. You might try checking out XDA developers or Slatedroid for more help.

Upvote 0
famonaco, the FT5 firmware is for Cortex A8 ARMv7 architecture. You would want to start with something bases on the x200 ARMv6. dart16 gave you some links to different custom firmware that while not for your tablets specifically it they would be good places to start as they are based off the same core platform. But they are 2.2. You might try checking out XDA developers or Slatedroid for more help.

well in tablet rom i'm new so all the help is great :)
ps: which programs use the tablet modder to decompile and recompile the rom??? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
well in tablet rom i'm new so all the help is great :)
ps: which programs use the tablet modder to decompile and recompile the rom??? :rolleyes:

I have only really played around with it a little bit. The Flytouch 3 Disco you can do some of it just through 7zip. In linux you can open and edit most img files. I have been playing around with Skypad img files using Mint but for some reason when I rebuild the img it reads it and acts like the system install, but the pad locks and I have to reflash to stock. Two tools that are supposed to work in a Window environment are osfmount and Ext2Fsd-0.51 but I haven't had a chance to sit down and try them.

Upvote 0
well i compared my firmware ( with root explorer) and tima6 and the differences are only in the build .prop............possible???? btw i can't enter to recovery give me always error :(

The problem would be if the kernels are different, drivers. Tim's doesn't include a boodloader so I don't think it would entirely brick your pad.

Likely if it is giving an error going into recovery it is setup to only flash, so there has to be a file present. The Supernova is setup that way and very annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones