• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you own a SuperPad III?

• Total voters
Yes I can see my network and I can select it but it still switches between:
Connecting...
Disconnected...
Scanning...

Other Android devices that I have could connect to my wifi network.
I have also tried other networks but still doesn't work.

In that case the wifi seems to be working ok, at least at a fundamental level. I have seen similar activity, Connecting..., Disconnected... ,Scanning... etc when the WEP/WPA code I have given is not accepted by the device despite being correct. Recently I used a WEP key and it insisted on capitals being used rather than lower case, on other devices I have found that it will only accept HEX and not a pass key or the other way round. I have also found that different Android devices act in different ways, ie my HTC Wildfire requires pass keys given in different ways to my Flytouch 3!

Upvote 0
In that case the wifi seems to be working ok, at least at a fundamental level. I have seen similar activity, Connecting..., Disconnected... ,Scanning... etc when the WEP/WPA code I have given is not accepted by the device despite being correct. Recently I used a WEP key and it insisted on capitals being used rather than lower case, on other devices I have found that it will only accept HEX and not a pass key or the other way round. I have also found that different Android devices act in different ways, ie my HTC Wildfire requires pass keys given in different ways to my Flytouch 3!

I found the problem why Wifi doesn't work on my Flytouch 3 - antenna is simply missing, hehe.
I opened it as decribed here:
Opening the Flytouch III Part 1

I compared my Flytouch 3 with this picture and I don't have that cable from the wifi-card: aPad.TV The home of the aPad. Forums

Just my bad luck, and I'm not sure what to do now since I ordered it directly from China and sending it back to them (from Sweden) is not an option.
Anyway the mystery is solved.

Upvote 0
I found the problem why Wifi doesn't work on my Flytouch 3 - antenna is simply missing, hehe.

I compared my Flytouch 3 with this picture and I don't have that cable from the wifi-card: aPad.TV The home of the aPad. Forums

Just my bad luck, and I'm not sure what to do now since I ordered it directly from China and sending it back to them (from Sweden) is not an option.

As I understand it some WiFi modules have the antenna etched onto the PCB so it might be an idea to post a picture of both sides of your module...

Upvote 0
As I understand it some WiFi modules have the antenna etched onto the PCB so it might be an idea to post a picture of both sides of your module...

Indeed!...as the internal module looks very much like it was designed to be a cheap'n'cheerful USB wifi dongle, which do not usually have stonking great big onmi's sticking out the end of them, the designers etch a resonant length of antenna directly on the PCB, this antenna is usually sufficient for the ranges that your average wifi is expected to work at. If that etched antenna exists, and a feeder has also been soldered onto the feed point,with another wire dipole formed at the other end of the feeder, the impedence matching will be thrown out of kilter with a corresponding reduction of performance. If no such etched antenna exists (some wifi dongles are made to have external omnis fitted, so have no etched antenna) and there is no feeder cable & antenna then yes....that would be why your tablet is 2.4GHz deaf!!

Upvote 0

I still think that if your wifi card can 'see' networks you should be able to connect to them. To test this out you could try removing the security key from your own router and Flytouch to see whether you can get a connection that way.

Upvote 0
To test this out you could try removing the security key from your own router and Flytouch to see whether you can get a connection that way.

Yes, removing security key on the router config was one of the first things that I tested but it didn't help. It need an antenna from the wifi-card in order to hold the connection up and running.
It will never work without an antenna.
I will try to upload pictures.

Upvote 0
Good day all,

Can anyone please help me,...
I bought the Superpad III and a had it for 3 days and now it freezes on bootup just displaying "ANDROID WORLD" and it just wont go past this stage!! Does anyone know what to do??

Please help

you could turn off your FT3 then hold menu+back+power buttons till you see a recovery screen,but if you do that it will earese all your data. it will be empty just like taken out from a box

Upvote 0
I received my Tablet with SuperPAI III name on the cover.

Outward appearance is having following details:
-----------------------------------------------
* It is having green charging LED
* Back cover is silver in color
* Charges 100% and i can use it for around 5-6 hours.
* Wifi is working fine and NO disconnection issues.
* I could install apad.TV provided Adobe Flash player 10.1 (some where in forums i found that and also assumes that TIM 3a uses the same Flash version) and

afterwards plays Flash videos without any problem.

---------------------------------------------
Android System information displays following:

* Disco
* Android2.2-20110316
* Kernel: 2.6.32.9 cao@cao-desktop #19
* Build: FRF85B
* Internal memory: 938.66 MB
* Ram: 372 MB

System information application installed from Android market shows following additional information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Prozessor: IMAPX200 (ARM V6 compatible processor rev. 5 (v6l))
* Device: wwe10,
* Model: wwe10
* ID: wwe10

My experience with Android market application as given:
----------------------------------------------------------
* Amazon maket web page recognized the device as wwe10.
* Inbuilt market application allows me to download free applications.
* But i cannot download from webpage 'market.android.com' and it doesnt recognize my tablet device. It shows following error detail "At this time, the

Android Market website is only compatible with devices running Android 1.6 or higher. If your device is running Android 1.5, we recommend contacting your

carrier or device manufacturer to see if an update to a higher version of Android is available."

It will be greatful if you could clarify following doubts:
1) Is there any tool to identify the best firmware?
2) How can i identify the installed Firmware version?
3) Can you please say which ROM is best for this Tablet.
4) Is it safe to install Tim3A on this? i read many places that TIM 3A is very good.
5) By my various threads readings, i understood that if it is a Sawee/Superpad2/Flytouch device it will not start the firmware update (while using micro-sd

update) and it start the Tablet normally without showing the 'update dialog' while booting. Am i correct?

Upvote 0
I received my Tablet with SuperPAI III name on the cover.

Outward appearance is having following details:
-----------------------------------------------
* It is having green charging LED
* Back cover is silver in color
* Charges 100% and i can use it for around 5-6 hours.
* Wifi is working fine and NO disconnection issues.
* I could install apad.TV provided Adobe Flash player 10.1 (some where in forums i found that and also assumes that TIM 3a uses the same Flash version) and

afterwards plays Flash videos without any problem.

---------------------------------------------
Android System information displays following:

* Disco
* Android2.2-20110316
* Kernel: 2.6.32.9 cao@cao-desktop #19
* Build: FRF85B
* Internal memory: 938.66 MB
* Ram: 372 MB

System information application installed from Android market shows following additional information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Prozessor: IMAPX200 (ARM V6 compatible processor rev. 5 (v6l))
* Device: wwe10,
* Model: wwe10
* ID: wwe10

My experience with Android market application as given:
----------------------------------------------------------
* Amazon maket web page recognized the device as wwe10.
* Inbuilt market application allows me to download free applications.
* But i cannot download from webpage 'market.android.com' and it doesnt recognize my tablet device. It shows following error detail "At this time, the

Android Market website is only compatible with devices running Android 1.6 or higher. If your device is running Android 1.5, we recommend contacting your

carrier or device manufacturer to see if an update to a higher version of Android is available."

It will be greatful if you could clarify following doubts:
1) Is there any tool to identify the best firmware?
2) How can i identify the installed Firmware version?
3) Can you please say which ROM is best for this Tablet.
4) Is it safe to install Tim3A on this? i read many places that TIM 3A is very good.
5) By my various threads readings, i understood that if it is a Sawee/Superpad2/Flytouch device it will not start the firmware update (while using micro-sd

update) and it start the Tablet normally without showing the 'update dialog' while booting. Am i correct?

Nothin to it but to do it man... Give it a try

Upvote 0
Please, someone has to have the answer, as this has been driving me nuts all day. I've been reading fourm after fourm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I had the same issue as another guy on here, I bought the SuperPad III, used the Z4ROOT whatever to root it, also installed the LauncherPro to enable the USB Debugging. When LauncherPro started giving me errors, I removed it from the tablet, at that point it started using the default launcher and it would load up and show the background like it was going to load completely, then just turn to a black screen. Well I've tried following the instructions the best I could using the Male to Male USB using IUW tools as well as Burntools to update the firmware and whatnot. To be honest I'm not sure what bootloader was on it when I recieved it, because when turned on it didn't show the normal InfoTMIC splash screen with the version in the lower right hand corner, it just showed an image of the Android Robot (The Android Logo). But after following some instructions, I've gotten to the point where after trying other Froyo2.2 img's without success, I've been trying 20110712_Tim5a.zip. Where the two files are included: firmware_2 and firmware-discovery. And as the instructions say, I took my SD card, used Winhex, dropped the card down to around 700mb, formatted to FAT32, and dropped both of the Tim5a files right onto the root of the sd card. Now when I turn on the tablet with the SD card inserted, it goes straight to Booting from SD... which is great, BUT.. that's as far as it goes. Is there an .img file or iuw file I can use to do the USB xfer to it? What am I doing wrong? Can someone please refer me to somewhere so I can get this damn thing up and running again? I appreciate you help in advance.

Upvote 0
Please, someone has to have the answer, as this has been driving me nuts all day. I've been reading fourm after fourm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I had the same issue as another guy on here, I bought the SuperPad III, used the Z4ROOT whatever to root it, also installed the LauncherPro to enable the USB Debugging. When LauncherPro started giving me errors, I removed it from the tablet, at that point it started using the default launcher and it would load up and show the background like it was going to load completely, then just turn to a black screen. Well I've tried following the instructions the best I could using the Male to Male USB using IUW tools as well as Burntools to update the firmware and whatnot. To be honest I'm not sure what bootloader was on it when I recieved it, because when turned on it didn't show the normal InfoTMIC splash screen with the version in the lower right hand corner, it just showed an image of the Android Robot (The Android Logo). But after following some instructions, I've gotten to the point where after trying other Froyo2.2 img's without success, I've been trying 20110712_Tim5a.zip. Where the two files are included: firmware_2 and firmware-discovery. And as the instructions say, I took my SD card, used Winhex, dropped the card down to around 700mb, formatted to FAT32, and dropped both of the Tim5a files right onto the root of the sd card. Now when I turn on the tablet with the SD card inserted, it goes straight to Booting from SD... which is great, BUT.. that's as far as it goes. Is there an .img file or iuw file I can use to do the USB xfer to it? What am I doing wrong? Can someone please refer me to somewhere so I can get this damn thing up and running again? I appreciate you help in advance.

What model is your tablet?

Upvote 0
Model number:
SAWEE10

Sorry, but the sawee type tablet cannot use Tim's firmware; it is designed for the disco tablets only as are: S0I's and TCH's.

Try looking here instead...

It's a bit more complicated than copying two files to an SD Card and turning your tablet off and on again but the instructions are reasonably easy to follow. I haven't actually got round to flashing my debs so can't be of more help yet, sorry.

Upvote 0
Another newbie, hi :)

I received my SP III last week with Tims 5a pre-installed and through a steep and sleepless learning curve here and other forums, managed to deal with most --if not all-- teething problems (and still have some hair left on my head!). I'm no teckie and the supplier has been very helpful himself but... nothing better than learning from the experienced:

Does anyone recommend/know-of a solution to watching BBC iPlayer and sites like 4OD through Dolphin HD or Opera Mobile?... Because I can't.

I can access Youtube through the app only. BBC iPlayer will only show half of the small screen if that and 4OD won't display at all. If I try YouTube through the browser I get "This video cannot be played".

I copied most apk's without problem from my GTab 7" but iPlayer app (and some others like V-Player) won't install.

If SPIII doesn't play these sites, at least I will know :)

Model DISCO10
Version 2.2-20110529
Kernel 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #1
Build No FRF85B
RAM 512
Internal SD 16GB
~ And a bouncy, jiggly, somewhat dizzy gyro! :)

Many thanks for any advice.

Izzy

Upvote 0
just recieved this thing, got it for the wife as she has trouble using a mouse, have to say what a bag of crap, my htc sensation is miles better than this,this thing it even struggles to scroll down web sites pages, thank god i didnt pay to much for it, gonna put it on ebay and buy a ipad, like i should have done in the first place

Upvote 0
Hi i live in Spain, and i have Superpad 3 tablet.
The compilation: FRF85B
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@localhost #48
Android version: 2.2 V2.6:#4402
Number of model: P041

I have problem to use USB Modem 3G, i have a Huawei modem, and i can see 3g icon on top. but i cant use internet with USB modem.

Is original version firmware, you recomended install TIM5a version ?
TIM5a can use with modem usb 3g?

Please help me.
Thank you.
Best regards.

Upvote 0
Hi i live in Spain, and i have Superpad 3 tablet.
The compilation: FRF85B
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@localhost #48
Android version: 2.2 V2.6:#4402
Number of model: P041

I have problem to use USB Modem 3G, i have a Huawei modem, and i can see 3g icon on top. but i cant use internet with USB modem.

Is original version firmware, you recomended install TIM5a version ?
TIM5a can use with modem usb 3g?

Please help me.
Thank you.
Best regards.

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait a bit before you can upgrade your firmware. Currently there are no custom ROMs for the P041

Upvote 0
Hi guys dont know if u can help me out im very new to these tablets and bought a superpad 3 off ebay got it today and seems ok youtube plays ok and streams vids fine, have to Push quiet hard on screen and a few other problems are

Browser is slow
Andriod market doesnt show all ands and only free apps
No lock/password

Is there any fixes for this?

Model number disco10
Andriod ver 2.2-20110803
Kernel ver 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #36
build number frf85b

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi guys dont know if u can help me out im very new to these tablets and bought a superpad 3 off ebay got it today and seems ok youtube plays ok and streams vids fine, have to Push quiet hard on screen and a few other problems are

Browser is slow
Andriod market doesnt show all ands and only free apps
No lock/password

Is there any fixes for this?

Model number disco10
Andriod ver 2.2-20110803
Kernel ver 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #36
build number frf85b

Thanks

Screen is a resistive screen, so swiping your finger like you do on capacitive phones is not the best, use a resistive stylus for best results, or the one supplied, or use your finger but use it at 90 degrees and use your fingernail a bit. You will get used to it.

Apps market is answered many times, one here:

http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-3/409868-get-paid-apps-market.html

Security problems are answered here:

http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-3/406157-no-way-set-password-flytouch3.html

And email the vendor and ask a direct question:

"Can tim5a rom be installed on this tablet" and let us know what they say.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones