• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Supersonic is HD2 for Android?

albiewan

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2009
Long Beach CA
Having spent way too much time following the growth of the Android OS and the line-up of new phones coming out, the HTC Supersonic (which would be the HD2 converted to Android) seems to be the best device yet (with the Incredible a close second). The HD2 is generally recognized as the most amazing Windows phone ever. That 4.3" screen alone makes it very desirable (IMHO). Unfortunately, if Sprint gets this phone, it's a shame. HTC HD2 Android version finally coming? | News | TechRadar UK

Sprint is the US carrier with the second most 3G coverage and the one with the only 4G coverage. Their prices are only beaten by TMo's bring-your-own plans (which are an excellent idea, btw) and unmatched when comparing to other subsidized plans.

In my opinion they are the most underrated carrier in the US. People flocked to ATT with higher prices and less coverage thanks to a must-have handset. Hopefully if Sprint can keep these coming they can see the same kind of resurgence.

Upvote 0
I think it is funny how many people rip on sprint as a company, but yet twice in the last two months or so ATT has had major issues nationwide. The one where people were being logged into other peoples facebook accounts and it was random and I think some email issues were also a part of that. The second being at least one recent news thing here in DFW area or broader where ATT service was out completely for over an hour. I havent heard that happening with Sprint anytime soon?

Upvote 0
I have an Eris on Verizon and a Curve 8330 on Cbeyond (which is a Corporate phone company that uses Sprint service) and I get equal service on both . I've never dropped a call on my Curve in the year plus I've had it . I'm most likely dumping my Verizon line and merging them both of them on to my one line on CBeyond since I've been so impressed with Sprints coverage

Upvote 0
I had Sprint since 1999 and never had a problem with CS or coverage. If I had any problem with my bill even if it was my own damn fault they would fix the issues with out much hassle at all. I then jumped ship to ATT to get the first gen Iphone (great device, terrible phone). I was so underwhelmed at ATT service both in regards to CS and coverage. I lived in Huntington Beach which is 40 miles from LA and I constantly dropped calls and/or didnt get service.
I got out of my contract early, ate a prorated ETF, even though ATT tried to tell me I couldn't have it prorated cause my contract wasnt included (horse shit) and went back with sprint. Why back with Sprint you ask? Because they treated me right and their coverage is second to none, because I roam on verizon if I need to roam. Which is practically never. Funny how so many people hate on Sprint because of their past and not what they are currently doing and offering.

Upvote 0
This is a funny topic because while doing research as my sprint contract was winding down (done two days ago). I started comparing other carriers because i was planning to jump ship. I ended up being shocked by the prices of ATT and Verizon. I can't believe how much more they are. If my wife and I stay with Sprint, we will save $50 per month on two lines.

I was planning to switching anyways though because Sprints lack of effort in bringing new phones over the last few months. It seemed like every other carrier had a high end device except Sprint. But with this announcement, I can't wait to renew with Sprint. I've always had great call quality and love the low price

Reactions: billsmed
Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more with that you guys are saying. I thought about leaving sprint this past year when I left my parents plan for my own plan, but after doing to math there was no way that I was walking. I was going to leave for an iphone. My wife and I both have blackberries and for the money no one beats sprint. I am just waiting for something better to come along (supersonic) so I can have the great phone I was wanting to leave for.

Upvote 0
uhhhh i dont think sprint getting it would be a shame, FOR ME sprint is the BEST carrier for choice, i have full bars wherever i go, its the cheapest(don't try to argue) and i never have issues with towers "going down temporarily) so there is absolutely nothing wrong with sprint, infact, in my opinion it IS the best network HERE, for ME. if you live where sprint is spotty, sorry that sucks for you, but you have carriers that provide well for you and probably poor for me, so its location location location... always is. the SuperSonic is a great phone and it will not be crippled because of sprint, it will just thrive in different areas... mainly the midwest, because well, that is where sprint likes to dominate.

sprint needs this phone as much as this phone needs sprint
OK, I stand (sit?) corrected. Judging by the many Sprint testimonials here I may have just been wrong. In any event, I went into a T Mobile store yesterday and they had a demo HD2 (Supersonic without Android) and when she handed it to me I about flipped. What a piece! Huge friggin' screen and slim as well. I have to say I have NEVER been shocked like this with any other cell I've seen (and I have been a mobile user since the late 80's in L.A.). While it was the Windows version it would be identical to the upcoming Supersonic. If this comes to pass and HTC releases this monster on other carriers then it will open the door for what is the next logical step: BIG screens on thin phones. One has to hold it in your hand to understand.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
it is close to the HD2, especially from the front but on the back you will notice many details that are different, alot of which i think are MUCH more pleasing to the eye and what will hopefully be my hand soon
For cryin' out loud look at this...HTC Evo 4G Android w/ HDMI coming to Sprint this summer Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G

Upvote 0
I'm super jealous... I want one!!! :D

Trouble is... would I be able to go to Sprint... I don't know... I can stand phones that don't have SIMs... (I like to swap phones when going somewhere I don't want to bring my "good" phone... and I don't want to have to call in, or what not... just swap SIM and go...)....

There's bound to be a GSM/LTE equivalent of this at some point...

I like the TFT too... assuming it's better in sunlight than the POS AMOLED on the Nexus.... if only it saves battery life, and it doesn't even do that... I'd gladly take a 4.3" TFT LED that can be used in bright condition/outside daylight over some overhyped AMOLED display any day...

Upvote 0
you reallly think i havn't seen it, i think i've been around here scoopin oup photos a little longer than you deciding to post yesterday... watch your tone on here. like i said it's similar but the back is different
Well, whoever you are, you have convinced me to vacate this thread. People like you, telling other people to "watch their tone" (when there is NOTHING to refer this to) are typical of some who just have to act like the big shot. This is (was) an open thread but you took the fun out of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones