• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperSU asks me a question about binaries, what should I choose ?

andreavda

Lurker
Jan 31, 2015
Hi guys, I've got a Samsung SIII MINI GT-I8190N with Android 4.1.2 and I've just rooted it, I used
Odin 3.07 and
"recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-golden.tar.md5" and
"UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip" that I downloaded here http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/

I followed this tutorial:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=1

However, after it asked me to reboot, there was another question, that the author of the tutorial didn't anticipate, in fact it asked me:
"ROM may flash stock recovery on boot."
I could either choose Yes or No, if I chose yes it would flash, if I chose No it wouldn't flash.

Eventually I chose yes, the phone was rebooted, I checked with "Root checker" and the phone is rooted.
Then I went on the Play Store and I got asked to update SuperSU and I said yes and it updated it.
Then I noticed that SuperSU was installed, I clicked on it, and I got asked this question:
"If you have a custom recovery that can be used to(try to) install the SU binary. This is recomended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary ?"
I can either choose "Normal" or ""TWRP/CWM"
I have no idea what to do, I'm a newbie, please if someone could give me an advice I'd really appreciate it.
I think I already took a great gamble when I clicked on yes when I got asked to flash, however I had previously browsed on this forum and some guy said that if you clicked on yes it would flash the CWM recovery, instead if you clicked on NO it would keep the samsung default recovery.

I was able to install CWM on my ZTE z730 but when I try to update the binaries with SuperSU it fails. So I guess my phone did not root. I am stuck and have no idea what to do next. I tried rooting it multiple times but no luck. Please help. :(

I figured it out... I moved supersu.zip to my android and installed the zip. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones