• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperSu CWM zip for prevail

Necrotoxin

Jun 1, 2011
Those of you who may be interested in using SuperSu over superuser but don't want to install your SU app in data (can be deleted with factory reset) may have looked into using the CWM zip to install it as a system app, or maybe not. Either way, I would personally never trust installing my SU app as a /data app and it seems the SuperSU CWM zip from the original author doesn't work with our little prevails.

Even though that may be the case, I am here to offer you a solution! All credits for this go to bloodawn for his APKinstaller.zip and Chainfire (original Thread) for creating the app.

Basically I've taken the current cwm release and popped those files into bloodawn's APKinstaller and all is well.

Download link:
SuperSU-0.94-Prevail.zip

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! You should always do this before flashing anything ever all the time!

Installation instructions:
1 Download the zip if you haven't already (derp)
2 Reboot into CWM
3 install zip from sd-card (come on you guys should know how to do this by now)
4 Reboot phone
5 Use titanium backup or some bloat remover to remove superuser
6 Reboot into CWM and Clear Dalvik (not sure if this is actually needed but it doesn't hurt)
7 Reboot phone
8 You're done

To reinstall superuser:
Download current ARM zip from Superuser
Follow the above steps 2-9 but instead of removing superuser in step 5 remove supersu

Reactions: RTLflat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones