• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Superuser 3.0

nstg8r

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2010
NY
Anyone having issues updating to the new version of Superuser? My Epic is rooted using One Click Root 2.5.5 and I'm using TZ kernel 1.1.0. When I try to update, I'm told my binary is out of date. When I try to update the binary, it fails because the binary is in the /sbin folder. The developer of SU says in his blog that this is a known issue but offers no fix for it. So, I just uninstall the update and go back to the old SU.

Now, I don't particularly care if I have the new version or not since my phone works fine the way it is, but it's annoying as hell having SU sit there in the Android Market waiting to be updated. Anytime I have 2 or more other apps to be updated, I have to do it one-at-a-time so as not to update SU as well. I was gonna try to break the market link for SU in Titanium, but SU doesn't show up in the list of apps.

I am having a similar issue.

I am running Baseband version S:D700.0.5S.EC05
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Build number Twilight Zone v1.1.1RC2 - Hajime-taisho

Binary Updater
New version of su binary found
Update now?
Downloading manifest ... okay!
Parsing manifest... okay!
Latest version = 3.0.3
Checking installed version = 2.3.1-ef
When update is selecetd following message occurs
This updater is incapable of updating your su binary since
it is installed in /sbin. this is
not an error in the updater, it is an error on behalf of your ROM or kernel developer.
You can continue to use Superuser with your outdated binary.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to update this binary?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones