• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Superuser App?

chmodx

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2010
I have 596 Deodexed running and noticed 2 things.

When I reboot my phone, I get a notification that Droid 2 bootstrap has been granted root access. No biggie there I guess. But is that normal?

Also, I have an app called superuser, just part of deodexed? I noticed there's no option to uninstall it.

You could re flash. Or you could find the apk files you need and reinstall them. But as Trophy said, don't uninstall anything, freeze apps with Titanium backup. Now, because you uninstalled apps, should anything go wrong with your phone you're gonna have to go around your a$$ to get to your elbow. ( also know as SBF'ing and starting over).

Upvote 0
the quickest way would definitely be to drop the .apks on your sdcard and not install them, if you don't want to use tibu. This way, when you need them and can't remember which apps you deleted they are right there on your sdcard waiting to be reinstalled. There is no need to put yourself through a full sbf just to get back blockbuster and cityid to except any kind of update.

Upvote 0
im gonna give another vote for DO NOT uninstall bloat...it just leads to problems 6 months down the line when its "The update won't install...i've got no clue why...HELP!"

if you're dead set on uninstalling...then make a backup of the app in Titanium first so it can be restored with the click of a button...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones