1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Superuser icon gone after upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tokkiee, Dec 30, 2012.

1. tokkiee

tokkiee Lurker

Hello Everyone! I'm a noob here and I really need your help. I just started using Samsung Galaxy S Gt I9000. I've read a lot of reviews and info about it but I am so overwhelmed with all the techie stuffs I read and honestly, I don't understand all of them. I've tried reading a lot but it's just too much for me to understand them all at the moment.

I just found out that my phone should be rooted for me to be able to update my OS> (It used to have Eclair). I had my phone rooted yesterday in a phone shop and I was told that the "Superuser" icon is the indication that my phone is already rooted. I successfully updated my firmware through Kies and I have now Froyo. The problem is, after upgrading, the "superuser" icon is now gone. I didn't do anything aside from restarting my phone after upgrading. also, my phone does not have the "system update' in settings. My friend has it in his galaxy s.

I am wondering what happened? does it mean my phone is no longer rooted anymore?

Thank you so much and I appreciate any information you can give me. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome to the forums, tokkiee! :hello:
    After root, did you update with a rooted ROM or an official Gingerbread ROM from Samsung? Often times, if you're rooted and take an official update, it will break root (remove root). If you don't have a SU app and want to check if you're still rooted, you can try a Root Checker app like this one:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qb2V5a3JpbS5yb290Y2hlY2siXQ..

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews