1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Superuser not working correctly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android_nut, Oct 6, 2011.

1. android_nut

android_nut Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Hello I have a droid 1 rooted with superoneclick, and cyanogenmod-7 build # GRJ22. I upgraded my superuser and now I received a message that said my su was out of date so I updated it but I still cant use some apps because the say my su is out of date even though I updated it. I tried uninstalling superuser but I was not able to. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisement

2. Lomallin

Lomallin Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Workforce Management
    Michigan
    Did you update SU by opening it and selecting to update it?
    If you did, it should give you a screen where it has a button for "that was cool, do it again" (yeah, I hit it three times :p partially since I just blanked out to the "hit the button" mode to exit, sigh...stupid to do with root access, thankfully I was safe this time).

Also, have you done a full reboot of the phone?
    Mine did a similar thing, but after running the update...three times (not on purpose - mostly), I believe I also did a reboot and it was working without errors here. If a reboot doesn't help, try a full shut down & power up.

3. android_nut

android_nut Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Yes i did try that but I keep getting the fail button ive rebooted the phone several times and also have tried the shut down method. I also am having an issue with PDANET force shutting down my pc and tablet dont know why even rebooting, shutting down, uninstall and installing pdanet does not work.