• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

superuser permissions not working. wiped and reflashed already + addition problems

chinkster

Android Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2010
SF
superuser permissions not working. i've already wiped and reflashed fresh 2.1.1. when i try to open superuser permissions all i see is a black screen. also when i use htc sense, it seems to suck up battery really fast but it runs smooth. but when i switch to the nexus launcher it takes a while to load up all the icons on the main screen.

i've tried to search but it seems like the search is not accurate in hunting down the threads for me because when i try to create this thread, i see more similar threads than just simply searching for it through the top right search box.

superuser permissions not working. i've already wiped and reflashed fresh 2.1.1. when i try to open superuser permissions all i see is a black screen. also when i use htc sense, it seems to suck up battery really fast but it runs smooth. but when i switch to the nexus launcher it takes a while to load up all the icons on the main screen.

i've tried to search but it seems like the search is not accurate in hunting down the threads for me because when i try to create this thread, i see more similar threads than just simply searching for it through the top right search box.

what exactly are you trying to do with SUP?

Upvote 0
i dont know? im just wondering what it is since i just rooted and my first time opening it nothing happens so im just curious to see if i flashed it correctly since that app is not working and the nexus launcher is slow to load maybe i messed up flashing the fresh 2.1.1 somehow

Upvote 0
i dont know? im just wondering what it is since i just rooted and my first time opening it nothing happens so im just curious to see if i flashed it correctly since that app is not working and the nexus launcher is slow to load maybe i messed up flashing the fresh 2.1.1 somehow

lol..this isn't something you should tamper with until an app requests it. once it does, always choose the "always allow". this enables the app to run with your system. i'm sure you rooted it correctly. if you didn't then you wouldn't have the SUP app. since you did flash this rom, reboot it a couple of times. it probably just needs to reload everything for it to all work.

Upvote 0

don't worry.. its not just you that thinks the nexus style launcher runs slower than SenseUI.. I know for me, there are even times where you have to hit home a few times before you can even get the launcher to slide screens. it's the main reason I stopped using it.

Upvote 0
don't worry.. its not just you that thinks the nexus style launcher runs slower than SenseUI.. I know for me, there are even times where you have to hit home a few times before you can even get the launcher to slide screens. it's the main reason I stopped using it.

i wiped and reflashed fresh 2.1.1 again and now the nexus style launcher seems to run faster. it doesn't take a sec or two to load up the icons anymore. another problem i've been facing is bad reception (i upgraded the radio to the most recent one). is anyone else having this problem? i am thinking about flashing back the stock radio. the stock radio will still work with fresh 2.1.1 right?

Upvote 0
I installed Fresh 2.1.1, and I can't use wireless tether, various other root programs. I was definitely rooted prior to installing it, and it's not that I can go in and confirm through adb shell because since the flash I am unable to install the drivers to get into the phone that way as well. Any thoughts on this? If it's possible, I might just reflash back to my backup I made and wait for another rom to be available.

Upvote 0
I installed Fresh 2.1.1, and I can't use wireless tether, various other root programs. I was definitely rooted prior to installing it, and it's not that I can go in and confirm through adb shell because since the flash I am unable to install the drivers to get into the phone that way as well. Any thoughts on this? If it's possible, I might just reflash back to my backup I made and wait for another rom to be available.

try reflashing fresh 2.1.1 rom. i reflashed it a few times to get everything to work with no lag on the nexus launcher screen. also, make sure when you use wireless tether your computer is not set with a static ip. it needs to do it automatically or else it wont work. thats what happen with mine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones